Used 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:

HAD IT AWHILE NOW 6YEARS WOW
By PERRY

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Car is great I had a 08 gt500 traded it in back in 09 for this 10 and no one has ever driven it but me no one I watched it backed off the truck and it sat were the driver put it I told dealer do not pdi the car leave it sit ill take it from their and I did but now it 2015 39000miles and it has developed a few issues the rotors (front) pulsate pretty bad and it just started getting a clicking in the dash when key is 1st turned on sounded like the ac air blend mix door actutator trying to reset itself or something not good the clutch is hard to shift from day one dealer said its normal I would not let them get behind wheel I know it has a problem or issue ill fix it my self when the time comes but with that said the car is really a fantastic car if u can find a good used one get it 2010 was the lowest production year for the cars I also added the diablo program and the gas milage went up to 27 on hwy at 60 but who does that anymore and it goes down drastically above that who cares it gained more power id say 20rwh just a great car its a keeper

Bravo SVT!
By DJTALLMO

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This model is much better than the 2006-2009 models and so much better than the Mustangs of the 1980's era. Ford SVT finally put out an exemplary product that you can feel confident about. The GT500 is a performance level vehicle for under 50k with daily driver characteristics. Transmission, engine, suspension and interior build quality are equal the euro models. Many compliments by others-body lines, wheels, brakes, exhaust etc. My only suggestion would be to swap out the Goodyear rubber for a better product. Otherwise, an exemplary product and improvement over the past Shelby models.

Bluetooth link, satellite radio, crisp transmission, wide power band on engine and oh that supercharger whine!

Blind spot on left & right rear quarters and replace Goodyear tires.

New to Ford
By Richard

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am a pro-Ford, pro-Dodge, pro-Chevy guy and really enjoy seeing all three ramp up their muscle car lines. In other words, I have no bias for or against any of the three. This is the first Ford product (other than my '28 model A) and it has been a blast so far. Excellent power, the stability control has saved my @$$ and my kids can't wait until I die so they get to drive it! I have no plans to ever get rid of this one. I highly recommend it to people looking for a long term addition to his/her garage and to those who enjoy weekends with nice weather or taking a car to the track.

Horsepower, Stability Control, Looks, Stereo volume goes up enough to drown out the wife, kids love the exhaust sound.

None.

Love it!
By Super Dave

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have been shopping for a new sports car after selling my 2000 Saleen Speedster 6 months ago. I test drove a 2010 corvette grand sport, 2009 zo6, Nissan gtr, and a 2005 Dodge Viper. The GT500 beat all of them in every catagory. The corvettes and the Viper were out dated and way overpriced. The gtr was a cool car but $76k are you kidding. The performance of the GT500 was equal to the Z06 but so much more updated and advanced. Test drive them all for your self and you will see. One thing that about made me almost not buy this car though was the dealer would not let me test drive this car without making an offer.

Tons of Power! Sync/Navigation, Handling, Brakes, Supercharger whine

Use the Supersnake hood and lose the side stripe, the 6cyl mustang has the same stripe. Needs larger wheels

Ford Hit a home run
By Lee

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I'm an old Hot rodder. Used to run 100 mph everywhere but it seemed it took so long to get there & you'd better have two hands on the wheel. This thing will go to 150 mph easily with one hand on the wheel. The handling is incredible. The sync is great and the weather radar has kept the hail off it more than once. Can't see how to make it better.

Run it through the gears like the old muscle cars with this short throw 4 speed and 2 overdrive gears for coming home. The brakes, the handling, the sync, weather radar, I could go on & on!

maybe more rear grip.