2010 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:
Bravo SVT!
By DJTALLMO on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This model is much better than the 2006-2009 models and so much better than the Mustangs of the 1980's era. Ford SVT finally put out an exemplary product that you can feel confident about. The GT500 is a performance level vehicle for under 50k with daily driver characteristics. Transmission, engine, suspension and interior build quality are equal the euro models. Many compliments by others-body lines, wheels, brakes, exhaust etc. My only suggestion would be to swap out the Goodyear rubber for a better product. Otherwise, an exemplary product and improvement over the past Shelby models.

New to Ford
By Richard on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am a pro-Ford, pro-Dodge, pro-Chevy guy and really enjoy seeing all three ramp up their muscle car lines. In other words, I have no bias for or against any of the three. This is the first Ford product (other than my '28 model A) and it has been a blast so far. Excellent power, the stability control has saved my @$$ and my kids can't wait until I die so they get to drive it! I have no plans to ever get rid of this one. I highly recommend it to people looking for a long term addition to his/her garage and to those who enjoy weekends with nice weather or taking a car to the track.

Love it!
By Super Dave on 09/02/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have been shopping for a new sports car after selling my 2000 Saleen Speedster 6 months ago. I test drove a 2010 corvette grand sport, 2009 zo6, Nissan gtr, and a 2005 Dodge Viper. The GT500 beat all of them in every catagory. The corvettes and the Viper were out dated and way overpriced. The gtr was a cool car but $76k are you kidding. The performance of the GT500 was equal to the Z06 but so much more updated and advanced. Test drive them all for your self and you will see. One thing that about made me almost not buy this car though was the dealer would not let me test drive this car without making an offer.

Ford Hit a home run
By Lee on 07/01/10 16:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I'm an old Hot rodder. Used to run 100 mph everywhere but it seemed it took so long to get there & you'd better have two hands on the wheel. This thing will go to 150 mph easily with one hand on the wheel. The handling is incredible. The sync is great and the weather radar has kept the hail off it more than once. Can't see how to make it better.

New GT500 Owner
By Lincoln on 06/07/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've had this car about two weeks now, and have loved every minute of it. This car has what feels like unlimited power, and it's still great to drive on a daily basis.

New Generation Mustang
By Tom Sarac on 06/01/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Purchased my 2010 shelby coupe only a few days ago, drove it back from Toronto to Montreal, have logged some mileage in a short period of time. As of 4 days of ownership compared to the 04 heavily modified mustang cobra I built and drove as a summer car for 6 yrs. I am pleased with the direction of this generation of mustang. Stock for a car of this weight it is well composed, responsive, comfortable and looks hot. Hats off to Ford for being able to make a live axle work. A few upgrades and this car can further defy the reality of its weight significantly. Pleasure and easy to drive, gas mileage is surprisingly good and the overall driving experience has delivered the mustang into a new era

Cobra
By Joe on 04/02/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is my fourth Mustang in three years. I thought I'd start slow and cheap. First, 2006 V6, second 2006 GT, third 2009 GT500, now a 2010 GT500. I realized I lost a lot of money on the trade-ins, however, I love this car. It's so exciting to drive and people stare at the car. It looks meaner than any other of the previous GT's. You have to experience the car for yourself. I had a 2008 C6 Corvette, honestly, this car is much more fun to drive.

Who needs "the good old days"
By adr on 03/10/10 11:36 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Simply the best performance car for the money! Where can you get a new car with 540 HP for 50K? Who needs the old muscle cars? Not me. been there and done that-engines that overheat, have lumpy idles, heavy clutch, constant fiddling to stay in tune and lousy brakes and handling. The 2010 Shelby delivers killer good looks, exclusivity, smooth idle, easy to drive fast--and this vehicle flat out hauls the mail! A senile priest can turn a high 12 second 1/4 mile in this car.

540hp and great looks
By mike on 03/03/10 14:06 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Traded '98 cobra for this one and glad I did. Looks much better than the 07- 09 model. Hold on when you floor it. Did so with a friend who couldn't breath during takeoff.

Awesome Ride
By Cobra23 on 01/27/10 13:25 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is my 8th mustang including an 03 Cobra and 08 Bullitt. This car is outstanding in all areas and I am super impressed with the build quality and performance. I have owned 40 cars and this one is in the top 3.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 in VA is:

$165 per month*