It's 1969 once again!
By Steve on
2009 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)
My 1st new car was a '69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. My Shelby brings back those memories like it was yesterday. The only difference is this car is faster and corners better. It's even more fun to drive. It's so much easier to get more horsepower out of this supercharged motor than it was in the old days. I had to put a high lift cam, add headers and a 750 Holly carb to run high 12's in the quarter. All I've done to this car is add a Steeda 2.7 pulley, a cold air induction kit and a custom SCT tune. All of a sudden mid 11's. RWH at 548 and torque at 505. I'm told flywheel H.P should be somewhere around 630 and torque 590. These bolt on adds took about 4 hours to do. What a difference!
Favorite Features
There really aren't a lot of features...but that's what I like. The interior is basic and suited for driving yet comfortable. I do like the form fitted seats with the lumbar support. Another feature is being able to set the color in the speedo and tach to you liking. (I like the blue)
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see a power passenger seat along with memory on the driver sear. An outside temperature gauge would be nice and a lighted volume knob for the sound system. I ordered ambient lighting however I think it should be standard equipment. I had to lower the car because it sits too high in the back.