Used 2009 Ford Shelby GT500 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Shelby-gt500 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (4 reviews )

2009 shelby cobra
By brian smallridge

2009 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

this car has to be one of the best muscle cars ive ever driven.i gave it a excellant review on milage because what do you execpt from a 540 horsepower king of the road.like, love it wouldnt trade or sell it for any other car on the road.ford,has really done a great job!!!!

Favorite Features

can you say horsepower on demand? yea i thought you could.that plus the whole car in a whole has to be .i absoulty love it all.

Suggested Improvements

well i would have to say stickier tires lol!!!

Days of Old
By montanabob

2009 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

What a great car. Fun to drive and lots of power. Bought the 09 instead of the 2010 because I don't like the rearend of the 2010. Looks cheap. I also like the old style interior. I sold a 350Z roadster and bought the Shelby.

Favorite Features

Power, 6 sp tranny, overall looks, great sound system even with the 500 shaker system

Suggested Improvements

outside temp on rearview mirror, louder exhaust system, painted stripes no tape

Worth Every Penny
By Jerry

2009 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Crank it up and that sweet V8 sound invites you to reach over and turn the radio off. I was shopping for a '67- '69 restored classic Mustang, but for equal (or less) money I found this Cobra GT500 and have absolutely no regrets. I traded a more expensive personal luxury car for this and have never looked back and do not expect to.

Favorite Features

V8 sound. Radio/sound system. Overall looks. Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Heated/cooled front seats. Outside air temperature reading. Fold down rear seat.

It's 1969 once again!
By Steve

2009 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

My 1st new car was a '69 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. My Shelby brings back those memories like it was yesterday. The only difference is this car is faster and corners better. It's even more fun to drive. It's so much easier to get more horsepower out of this supercharged motor than it was in the old days. I had to put a high lift cam, add headers and a 750 Holly carb to run high 12's in the quarter. All I've done to this car is add a Steeda 2.7 pulley, a cold air induction kit and a custom SCT tune. All of a sudden mid 11's. RWH at 548 and torque at 505. I'm told flywheel H.P should be somewhere around 630 and torque 590. These bolt on adds took about 4 hours to do. What a difference!

Favorite Features

There really aren't a lot of features...but that's what I like. The interior is basic and suited for driving yet comfortable. I do like the form fitted seats with the lumbar support. Another feature is being able to set the color in the speedo and tach to you liking. (I like the blue)

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a power passenger seat along with memory on the driver sear. An outside temperature gauge would be nice and a lighted volume knob for the sound system. I ordered ambient lighting however I think it should be standard equipment. I had to lower the car because it sits too high in the back.