2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: Talk of the Town

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Talk of the Town
By DPB on

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

True Mustang fans can tell anyone, hey if your not a mustang fan keep your comments to yourself. Since I purchased my Shelby most people always ask "is it fast"? My first response is to say no, a 1976 Pinto could trash this junker. So I give in and say ya 500 hp can make anyone grin. People always want to compare cars. If you like Vettes buy a Vette, if you like Vipers buy a vVper, etc. All cars are different in shape size hp, torque, etc. That's why living in America is so rewarding. An average Joe like me can build his credit up and buy what ever he wants with in reason. Point to my story, Shelby Gt 500 holds true for being first once again, so here comes Dodge and Chevy trying to out do Ford.

Leather int. racing wheels, eaton super charger. All the wanna bes looking my way wishing they coud have a GT 500. Metallic paint. The break in period. The effort Carol Shelby and Ford Motor Company put into bring American muscle back to the USA.

A plaque signed by SVT racing team and Carol Shelby to seperate each GT 500. Dealers need to be less price happy $15,000 dealer price increase. I talked mine down to $55,995. Mine was built in 02 of 08. Give the sale time and the dealer will break a little.