2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: "ludicrous speed"

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

"ludicrous speed"
By FAT CAT on

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have always been a mustang lover, and this one takes the cake for me. It's my third mustang, I have only had this car for 2 months now and I absolutely love it. No bad experiences so far. It takes me about 15 minutes just to get in the car to start it because I have to stare. lots of mods make this car outperform the KR for a fraction of the price. I have never loved mustangs for their great creature comforts, so people should get over that one, and the performance honors its forebearers. Shelby picked a good one on which to put his name once again.

Favorite Features

the SC sound, the available upgrades, the muscular look, the performance, the best value, a true driver's high performance car, mine is not (nor will it ever be a garage queen).

Suggested Improvements

a lot of the fixes have been taken care of by the 2010 Shelby, but I actually prefer the look of the '07- '09. But I agree with the other reviews about getting rid of stick on stripes and painting them for goodness sake. Otherwise, incredibly happy with this functional, drivable piece of history