2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: "ludicrous speed"

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

2008 Ford Shelby GT500

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

"ludicrous speed"
By FAT CAT on

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have always been a mustang lover, and this one takes the cake for me. It's my third mustang, I have only had this car for 2 months now and I absolutely love it. No bad experiences so far. It takes me about 15 minutes just to get in the car to start it because I have to stare. lots of mods make this car outperform the KR for a fraction of the price. I have never loved mustangs for their great creature comforts, so people should get over that one, and the performance honors its forebearers. Shelby picked a good one on which to put his name once again.

the SC sound, the available upgrades, the muscular look, the performance, the best value, a true driver's high performance car, mine is not (nor will it ever be a garage queen).

a lot of the fixes have been taken care of by the 2010 Shelby, but I actually prefer the look of the '07- '09. But I agree with the other reviews about getting rid of stick on stripes and painting them for goodness sake. Otherwise, incredibly happy with this functional, drivable piece of history

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review