2008 Ford Shelby GT500 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Go for It!

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Go for It!
By ciaobassman on

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Been driving fast cars since 1968, and figured this would be the last chance to get a real Shelby. It is an absolute blast! If I hear a complaint about this car I just figure it's either somebody who's never driven one, or somebody who can't (or won't) get one. Very smooth to drive (I only burnt rubber by accident once) but nearly violent at hard acceleration. I used to drive the old Mustangs, and I like that they didn't make the insides all cushy. As is, it's as cozy as you're going to get for a car that goes like this one. Exceeded my expectations in every way.

Favorite Features

The motor, duh. The rest of the drivetrain a close second. Till now my '65 F100 got high scores for attention, but people know what this car is, and love to tell you about it. I was out of town for a week and couldn't wait to get home to drive the car. When was the last time that happened to you?

Suggested Improvements

Not many. Something closer to the Borla exhaust sound. A better tilt lever on the steering wheel. Some sort of water drain for the heat exchangers in the hood. The early SHO models had excellent sun visors and really nice seats, similar items would have been nice on this car.