2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: Expectation shortfall

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Expectation shortfall
By Hawk on

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased the car about two months ago. I didn't test drive it prior to purchase and I will never make that mistake again. I have owned most popular sport cars in the last decade from a Z01 Corvette to a Porsche Boxster and everthing in between and this car has been the biggest disappointment. The NAV quit working after a week. The shifter buzzes in neutral with the cluth out and the whole car shutters when you shift into first gear and the tranny is hot. Took to the dealership and they produced a factory notice saying this is "normal" on some lucky owners cars. Not worth the money. Sad it didn't live up to the legend. Wish I still had my Mustang GT.

Acceleration is good although the car is fairly quiet. The GT's exhaust note is much more throaty. This car you hear the supercharger and that's it.

The transmission needs improved no doubt. The cheesy cup holder lights need to go. The shaker 500 stereo sounds horrible.