2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:
Old School Looks...Modern Power
By Dave M on 01/22/08 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Old school looks with modern technology make this one tough car. A nice car to look at, but even better to drive. Sure, you feel every bump in the pavement, but with 500hp and the whine of the supercharger, you quickly forget road imperfections. A true collector car.

One fast Ford
By john schubin on 12/02/07 11:09 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

As an old 60's muscle car driver this Shelby GT500 has what it takes to earn that title of a real muscle car with all all the perks. Just a real fun car to drive. When you turn this car on it returns the favor!

One Fun Ride
By RR on 11/19/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have a 2007 Vette CV to compare and the new GT 500 CV. The GT 500 is more fun to drive because it seems faster regardless of Road and Track articles. I am not into racing or burning tires but if you hold the GT 500 down very long you better have no distractions and a pretty long straight ahead of you because the pavement will go by like you are leaving the airport in a jet. The Vette has more options and obviously more finess. Compare a Vette to the Honda Goldwing and this new GT 500 to the Harley Vrod Screaming Eagle all of which I have owned. They are very different cars. I started off driving a Roush CV and moved to the 500 due to the subdued exhaust and better resale in my opinion

Ford Fanatic
By Ford Fanatic on 11/13/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car costs too much for what I will see in my lifetime. Performance was disappointing on purchase, but it has started to show some potential as it breaks in. I only have 500 miles on it, I do plan to upgrade the performance in the future without sacrificing the ability to restore it to original, should some weak person choose to do so. This car is a blast to drive, buts needs a little more power to back up its image. (It does not like to be power shifted). My first car was a 63 Falcon convertible that I "Cobra-ized", and will be with me until I die. This GT-500 has the potential to be just as addictive as my first of my 14 Fords. After 45 years, I still get a smile on my face with Ford.

Shelby GT500
By Chris on 10/31/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is more than all of the great things one hears about it; it is simply an awesome driving experience. The car performs beyond expectations, is very quick and responsive and when called upon, it gives the driver all the power he or she commands, without any limitation. One feels as much in control driving it 140 mph as they do at 50 mph. Although many criticize the plastic in the interior, having the interior upgrade gives you all of the leather you would ever want and I think the interior is quite sharp. The car is a true value for all of the tangible and intangible benefits you get from buying it. A true American muscle car pumping out 500 hp as well as being a thing of beauty.

A Beauty and A Beast
By Sol on 10/30/07 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have always been a huge fan of the Mustang, specifically, Shelby editions. This car gives you more bangs for your bucks. I fell in-love with this car the moment I saw the hood down (while sitting on a dealer's show room). Performance overall is grea. Drive is smooth. This car is definitely a keeper!

Go for It!
By ciaobassman on 10/23/07 22:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Been driving fast cars since 1968, and figured this would be the last chance to get a real Shelby. It is an absolute blast! If I hear a complaint about this car I just figure it's either somebody who's never driven one, or somebody who can't (or won't) get one. Very smooth to drive (I only burnt rubber by accident once) but nearly violent at hard acceleration. I used to drive the old Mustangs, and I like that they didn't make the insides all cushy. As is, it's as cozy as you're going to get for a car that goes like this one. Exceeded my expectations in every way.

Driving 500 Horses
By Bob Maginnis on 10/13/07 15:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The convertible is Vista Blue and the paint is excellent. The interior is simple w/o a lot of electronic junk. Everything dash/radio etc is basic and functions well. The top operation is smooth and is real cloth. Performance is what you'd expect from a 500hp car. After a couple of hundred miles, the avg mpg is a bit over 22 but that includes hiway. Interior road noise is at a minimum, even with (aftermarket) dual 2 chamber Flowmasters. (Car sound like a monster V8) The Cobra is a beautiful, responsive machine and worth the money. One of a kind.

Shelby Cobra GT500
By b longchamps on 10/10/07 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Fun to drive. Great get up and go. Very comfortable. Great to look at.. Performance 9 of 10. Handling 9

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.