2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
Good Car
By mustangfan on 06/22/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased mine after my GT was ruined in an accident it was not stock so I purchased a GT 500 hoping it would have more potential and it does In stock form. It is a very fun car but feels heavy to me. If looking for true monster Mustang upgrades are needed. Interior upgrade package is definite yes. Much more leather makes it feel nicer to me than plastic dash of other cars. Got Shaker 500 instead of Shaker 1000 no difference in quality just little less bass compared to other car. Replaced Goodyear tires with Nitto 555's and car sticks much better. I love this car but it was as expensive as a faster Vette. If I wasn't such a stang fan I would not have paid this much

Expectation shortfall
By Hawk on 06/06/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased the car about two months ago. I didn't test drive it prior to purchase and I will never make that mistake again. I have owned most popular sport cars in the last decade from a Z01 Corvette to a Porsche Boxster and everthing in between and this car has been the biggest disappointment. The NAV quit working after a week. The shifter buzzes in neutral with the cluth out and the whole car shutters when you shift into first gear and the tranny is hot. Took to the dealership and they produced a factory notice saying this is "normal" on some lucky owners cars. Not worth the money. Sad it didn't live up to the legend. Wish I still had my Mustang GT.

Shelby GT500
By Todd on 05/25/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Fun to drive. Sharp looking car. Wanted a little more throttle response, but very satisfied by overall performance.

Talk of the Town
By DPB on 04/28/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

True Mustang fans can tell anyone, hey if your not a mustang fan keep your comments to yourself. Since I purchased my Shelby most people always ask "is it fast"? My first response is to say no, a 1976 Pinto could trash this junker. So I give in and say ya 500 hp can make anyone grin. People always want to compare cars. If you like Vettes buy a Vette, if you like Vipers buy a vVper, etc. All cars are different in shape size hp, torque, etc. That's why living in America is so rewarding. An average Joe like me can build his credit up and buy what ever he wants with in reason. Point to my story, Shelby Gt 500 holds true for being first once again, so here comes Dodge and Chevy trying to out do Ford.

Totally Awesome
By Gary on 03/27/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I grew up in the 60's and 70's, road in and drove the fastest cars of the day-Shelby GT 500's, Charger 440 6- packs, SS 396 Chevelles etc. None of them hold a candle to the 08 Shelby. It is just plain scary fast. But, if you want a nice Sunday drive and keep it at 60 mph it will run all day at 25 mpg. The live rear axle is not the handling problem you may have heard about, even on bumpy entrance ramps and curves. Yes, you feel the bumps but the car stays on track. The shifter takes time to break in so be patient, the brakes stop the car as fast as the engine can accellerate it. My car is Vista Blue and it turns heads. I can't thank Ford enough for building this car at an affordable price.

Can't get any better!
By Vince on 03/11/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Heard all about the great reviews for the Mustang. Got a chance to get the Shelby, and it speaks volumes for American car manufacturers. I have, over the past two years freed myself of all import cars and now own all American. The Shelby is FUN! A definite blast to the past when we adored American metal!

Old School Looks...Modern Power
By Dave M on 01/22/08 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Old school looks with modern technology make this one tough car. A nice car to look at, but even better to drive. Sure, you feel every bump in the pavement, but with 500hp and the whine of the supercharger, you quickly forget road imperfections. A true collector car.

One fast Ford
By john schubin on 12/02/07 11:09 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

As an old 60's muscle car driver this Shelby GT500 has what it takes to earn that title of a real muscle car with all all the perks. Just a real fun car to drive. When you turn this car on it returns the favor!

Ford Fanatic
By Ford Fanatic on 11/13/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car costs too much for what I will see in my lifetime. Performance was disappointing on purchase, but it has started to show some potential as it breaks in. I only have 500 miles on it, I do plan to upgrade the performance in the future without sacrificing the ability to restore it to original, should some weak person choose to do so. This car is a blast to drive, buts needs a little more power to back up its image. (It does not like to be power shifted). My first car was a 63 Falcon convertible that I "Cobra-ized", and will be with me until I die. This GT-500 has the potential to be just as addictive as my first of my 14 Fords. After 45 years, I still get a smile on my face with Ford.

Shelby GT500
By Chris on 10/31/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is more than all of the great things one hears about it; it is simply an awesome driving experience. The car performs beyond expectations, is very quick and responsive and when called upon, it gives the driver all the power he or she commands, without any limitation. One feels as much in control driving it 140 mph as they do at 50 mph. Although many criticize the plastic in the interior, having the interior upgrade gives you all of the leather you would ever want and I think the interior is quite sharp. The car is a true value for all of the tangible and intangible benefits you get from buying it. A true American muscle car pumping out 500 hp as well as being a thing of beauty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.