2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: 40th #289

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

40th #289
By #289 on

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Truth be known, I was disappointed when iI first purchased my 07, not because of the over msrp, but what I expected from Shelby. Truth is I don't think Mr. Shelby got what he really wanted from Ford when it was finished. I took my car to Las Vegas to CSM (shelby's garage) a year after purchase. WOW!!!! Now lets talk finish! Carbon fiber everywhere! new suspension! New exaust! 20" wheels and tires! Stripes back on the drop tops! Numberplates and signature plates! The car is a blast to drive, handles like a dream, and looks 10 fold better. Worth every nickle for the 40th package! And Ford still warrantees it. Nope, I don't work for him, just satisfied with my Shelby now! '07 owners inquire!

Endless horsepower, great mileage, reliable, Styling right on. Love to hear the supercharger whine. Stock stereo sounds great. It is definitely one of the best smile making machines I've ever owned!

If you keep the car stock, then I think the average Joe will be content and I could nitpick a while about all the cheap looking plastic, how the car sticks up too far in the back, and how it handles on less than desired roads or you can take it to "The man" and get it finished right!