2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: Red Coupe/White Stripes

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Red Coupe/White Stripes
By Got One! on

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

If you have one of these beasts, you fall in love with it at first sight and it just gets better after that. Performance is next to none. Comparisons with the Z06 are a joke as this car's collector's status will be here long after the Z06's are in the junk yard. I was literally blown away by the power this thing generates right off the assmbly line. I can't imagine what some after market mod's will do. I was one of the lucky ones who got mine at MSRP, but I can tell you that even at 1$0-15K over, I think it's worth the investment.

Great retro-Shelby looks. Unbelievable power, simply scary!Comfortable ride for a sports car. Improved shift linkage over previous Cobra's, It's a Shelby!

I would have used 3:55 or 3:73 gears versus the 3:31. Exhaust could stand to be a little louder. Both of these can be easily fixed with mod's. Tire inflation device? Should have went with run-flat's or a full size spare.