A TRUE Muscle Car
By True Factory Muscle on
2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)
First for the naysayers I put on just a few miles then went straight to the chassis dyno. How does 460+hp & 445lb ft of tq @ rear wheels sound? That's PURE stock, not a single change from stock. Same dyno a very healthy 426 Hemi made 310hp @ wheels; that's 150+ rwhp over a HEMI! Nothing short of incredible overall. I would take this car over 2 Z06's. Fit & finish is SUPERB! Paint is the nicest I have ever seen on an American car & I am a body man/painter. Not a single complaint. Minor mods put these cars in the 10's in 1/4 mile. Braking & handling are also nothing short of incredible. 60-0 110ft. A very nice chassis with too many changes over standard Mustang GT to mention.
Favorite Features
Engine and transmission are incredibly smooth, the tall 3:31 gearing and wide powerband makes it a true rocket ship that pulls from off idle to 6250 limiter. 1/4 in low 12's @ 118.
Suggested Improvements
Like it the way it is. The Goodyear F1 supercar tires are a bit noisy but for how they grip especially when warm, I just turn up the Satellite radio and push down on throttle to hear the sweet supercharger whine. Not a single complaint with this one. Ordered another a ragtop.