Used 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (24 reviews )

First Month
By Tony Thompson

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have had a great time driving this car. Horsepower is incredible and handling is much better than I expected. Have had no problems so far, gas mileage has been in the high teens - but who cares! A well designed car - good job Ford, another winner in a great Mustang heritage.

Power

Power passenger seat, 19" rim option

Love the car, but...
By Griffy Baby

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have had my Shelby for over 3 months. The car has 3,000 miles and she has gone to the shop about every 400 miles - blown radiator hose, replace tracking sensor, engine check light, etc. My father bought an Edsel. I believe this car is its reincarnation. Maybe someday I will get the bugs completely worked out of this car. Ford could have done a better job of quality control. This is the one and only Ford I ever intend to own in my lifetime.

Very sexy car. This is one car I always dress for when I take her out and about. Heads turn and people talk when I get out. They are reminded of their favorite Mustang experience when they see her and just feel like they have to share their memories!

Interior needs some additional functionality. Automatic door locks at 20 MPH, power passenger seat, easier MP3 player accessibility.

Red Coupe/White Stripes
By Got One!

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

If you have one of these beasts, you fall in love with it at first sight and it just gets better after that. Performance is next to none. Comparisons with the Z06 are a joke as this car's collector's status will be here long after the Z06's are in the junk yard. I was literally blown away by the power this thing generates right off the assmbly line. I can't imagine what some after market mod's will do. I was one of the lucky ones who got mine at MSRP, but I can tell you that even at 1$0-15K over, I think it's worth the investment.

Great retro-Shelby looks. Unbelievable power, simply scary!Comfortable ride for a sports car. Improved shift linkage over previous Cobra's, It's a Shelby!

I would have used 3:55 or 3:73 gears versus the 3:31. Exhaust could stand to be a little louder. Both of these can be easily fixed with mod's. Tire inflation device? Should have went with run-flat's or a full size spare.

Shelby GT 500 coupe white/blue stripes
By Craig

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is the car that only Ford and Carroll Shelby could build. It has the head turning good looks from the mid sixties Shelbys and the refinements of today's suspension and safety features all rolled into a package that is amazing!

Power, power, and more power. Also, the upgraded seats are very comfortable. You can drive this car for hours and not feel tired. The exhaust note is just right so that it does not drive you nuts after a couple of hours of highway driving.

This car is a home run as it is. The bean counters were not able to mess anything up.

Fun
By Tim

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The car is everything I thought it would be and more. I was surprised by the amount over invoice I had to pay. Horsepower, handling, 0-60 its all good. No remorse whatsoever about the car.

The way the car feels. You can feel the driving surface as though you were touching it with your palm.

I like it just the way it is.