2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (24 reviews )
First Month
By Tony Thompson on 05/29/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have had a great time driving this car. Horsepower is incredible and handling is much better than I expected. Have had no problems so far, gas mileage has been in the high teens - but who cares! A well designed car - good job Ford, another winner in a great Mustang heritage.

Love the car, but...
By Griffy Baby on 05/06/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have had my Shelby for over 3 months. The car has 3,000 miles and she has gone to the shop about every 400 miles - blown radiator hose, replace tracking sensor, engine check light, etc. My father bought an Edsel. I believe this car is its reincarnation. Maybe someday I will get the bugs completely worked out of this car. Ford could have done a better job of quality control. This is the one and only Ford I ever intend to own in my lifetime.

Red Coupe/White Stripes
By Got One! on 04/05/07 06:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

If you have one of these beasts, you fall in love with it at first sight and it just gets better after that. Performance is next to none. Comparisons with the Z06 are a joke as this car's collector's status will be here long after the Z06's are in the junk yard. I was literally blown away by the power this thing generates right off the assmbly line. I can't imagine what some after market mod's will do. I was one of the lucky ones who got mine at MSRP, but I can tell you that even at 1$0-15K over, I think it's worth the investment.

Shelby GT 500 coupe white/blue stripes
By Craig on 01/27/07 14:06 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is the car that only Ford and Carroll Shelby could build. It has the head turning good looks from the mid sixties Shelbys and the refinements of today's suspension and safety features all rolled into a package that is amazing!

Fun
By Tim on 01/10/07 11:51 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The car is everything I thought it would be and more. I was surprised by the amount over invoice I had to pay. Horsepower, handling, 0-60 its all good. No remorse whatsoever about the car.

Awesome out of the hole!!
By BillyRay on 01/06/07 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Waited 19 months to get this car. This car is one of the fastest cars I have ever driven. I would also like more rumble through the mufflers so I'm in the process of fixing that. The satellite radio is sweet with the 1000 watt Shaker system.The handling is real smooth and the braking is number one! BillyRay says if you get a chance to own a Carroll Shelby land rocket...BUY ONE. Because in 20 years 0 to 60 in 4.5 will still be fast...hold on!

I've waited 40 years for this...
By Mitchell Bateman on 12/20/06 03:53 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am 53 years old and owned older Mustang muscle cars in the 60's and 70's but nothing like this car. When the TCS system is disengaged, the raw horsepower is frightening. You better be ready for what's about to happen when you step on it. It's hard to drive it and not put your foot in it every time you stop and take off again. I've never ridden on the space shuttle but I can't imagine the rush being any greater!

Not what I expected
By Ford Lover on 11/29/06 05:53 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Bought this car for a little over msrp. I have been lucky enough to own several true sports cars in my life from all the major brands. This car is a blast from 0 to 60. But when the new wears off, the interior looks just like Mustang GT and the build quality is not what it should be. I think the Shelby team should have spent a little more time on the interior and fit and finish to make this a 10 out of 10. Also Ford dealers are trying to charge way to much over msrp for this car.

Fun in the fast lane
By Brandon on 10/19/06 13:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I paid msrp for my Vista Blue GT500. It was worth if. I have a SVT Cobra and didn't buy this car because of the Shelby name. I have always want to see what a SC 4V 5.4l would do in a Mustang. My car will not be a garage queen. I picked my car up in MI and drove it 1600 miles back to FL in 19 hours. Only gripe was the car is to quiet. Didn't sound like a Mustang should. Very fun; can't wait until more parts come out and we start seeing the GT500 putting down 500-600 rwhp.

By Bri66 on 10/05/06 22:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I ordered mine in June and just received it last week. When I first saw this two years ago in New York I knew I had to have one. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. Can not fully explain feeling I had when I saw it for the very first time on the back of the car carrier that brought her to dealership. The acceleration that this car has is probably comparable to being on the space shuttle. It pushes you back into your seat and you remain there until you let up. I have yet to fully open her up. It drives so smooth, takes corners with precision, accelerates quickly and effortlessly. Driving it on smooth roads at 80mph feels like 40mph. Always wanted to own a Shelby, dream come true.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.