Used 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:

In love with my Shelby
By jill green

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car. I owned 4 others over the years. This is one great car. I have to be careful because you don't realize your doing 80 or better while tooling along. We took a trip to Vegas in her and she cruised along like a dream. I don't know to say but this little red is a keeper.

She's a convertible and a six speed manual and built for speed

None

GT500 07
By Hans

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned this Shelby since Nov 06. I just love to drive it and hear the whine of the supercharger. I have a cold air kit and tune installed and it really woke up the performance of this car. I've also had it on track in Sebring Florida driver's school. It was a blast to drive.I get 16 MPG in town and 21 HWY at eighty. Had some clutch issues that Ford fixed. So far this is the most fun car I have ever owned. There are plenty of aftermarket parts to dress up your pony car the way you like it. And if you want more power, add a different supercharger.

The motor has a rev limiter, so when you getting on the power don't have to worry about overdoing the RPM. Just love the way the front looks and the supercharger sound. The Shaker 500 rocks.

Ford should have lowered the rear a bit. And soften up the plastic in the interior, but that can be fixed with aftermarket parts. Sunroof would have been nice.

2007 Shelby GT 500
By Mike Scaramucci

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am 62 and it is the most fantastic car that I have owned. There is no equal. I have done several upgrades to the hp. it sounds fantastic and its speed is exciting.

Speed and its looks. There is no equal

None. This vehicle has it all

Fun in the sun
By Larry M

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have owned several convertibles - 05 Vette was my last. The Shelby is just more fun. When you mash the pedal to the floor - it just plain hauls. Smokey burnouts at will - and will lay rubber at any speed in 1st gear. The ridgity of the car could be better but it not as bad as some of the expert reviews state. The car lacks some of the bells and whistles of the Vette but who cares if you have to turn the lights on & off. As far as the wow factor goes - its high. Lots of thumbs up and questioning admirers. I think for 10-15K less than the Vette its a steal.

Style. Power. Exclusivity

Rear antenna, active exhaust

GT 500
By Rick Yarling

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I was one of a few owners that had a complete engine failure at 211 miles. It has been the greatest Mustang I have ever owned. I have entered it into 3 shows taking 2 thirds and one first place. It is a real head turner and eats Corvettes!

The exterior design is great. Do not like the decals used for the stripe package, should be painted. Its ride is great, shifts extremely well and the power is supurb!

Ford still can't figure out what to do with cup holders and how to properly place them as they relate to the stick shift. It would be nice if Carroll Shelby signed the car or had a registered plate on the engine compartment.