2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (24 reviews )
Excellent Performance for the money
By Don Cannon on 10/22/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This has to be the finest performance car I have ever owned! I have been fortunate to own Corvettes, 350Z, Z3, TransAms, Mustang GTs, even a 67 GT390 Mustang and this car is the best of them all. I purchased the car USED with only 2400 actual miles and have not been disappointed. The Shelby had a full Roush exhaust system installed on it before it left the Ford dealership and it has a terrific sound. Far better than the stock system I test drove on other cars. The gas mileage is excellent and as stated on the window. For anyone looking at one of these cars the performance and handling are terrific. It does have the wheel hop under hard acceleration but the TCS work good.For the money buy it!

my shelby
By amar on 10/01/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I car sounds ridicously good gets alot of looks, butits kind of hard to drive in the rain especially going up hill. Car bounces alot on rough surfaces, but on smooth surfaces this car is ridiclously fast. On a tank of gas i can get up to 480kms on the highway and in the city if i drive fast around 270kms out of a tank. The car has had a clutch break down and replaced transmission bearings which ford fixed for free it cost 7300 dollars just in parts. They said they wouldnt have covered it but since it only had 10 thousandkms People either love this car or just dont notice it. On cornering the car feels realyl front heavy

Pavement Ripper
By matchbox on 06/27/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love it! It is so smooth and easy to drive that you forget how fast it is until you notice the other traffic disappearing behind you. Despite its power and acceleration it gets better gas mileage than a lot of less capabile cars. The brakes are always strong and I haven't caused them to fade yet. The distinctive good looks and exhust sound cause people to look at you as you cruise through the parking lot. You also get to meet a lot of new people that like cars. It seems that everyone that likes cars is drawn to the GT500.

Skipping Rear End
By Mike on 06/10/09 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Everything is good with the handling except the solid rear axle causes the rear end to "skip" all over the place if there is the slightest imperfection in the road surface. With maximum acceleration in 1st gear it is always evident and gives the certain sense of loss of control. Rear suspenion certainly needs to be independent.

GT500 07
By Hans on 06/26/08 15:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned this Shelby since Nov 06. I just love to drive it and hear the whine of the supercharger. I have a cold air kit and tune installed and it really woke up the performance of this car. I've also had it on track in Sebring Florida driver's school. It was a blast to drive.I get 16 MPG in town and 21 HWY at eighty. Had some clutch issues that Ford fixed. So far this is the most fun car I have ever owned. There are plenty of aftermarket parts to dress up your pony car the way you like it. And if you want more power, add a different supercharger.

GT 500
By Rick Yarling on 12/21/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I was one of a few owners that had a complete engine failure at 211 miles. It has been the greatest Mustang I have ever owned. I have entered it into 3 shows taking 2 thirds and one first place. It is a real head turner and eats Corvettes!

Get it while you can
By Doctieu on 09/18/07 18:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Love the power and all the attention I get with this car. Having the name Shelby just explains it. The ride is quite comfortable for a muslce car. Paid over MSRP with no regrets. Absolutely incredible rush driving it, even at the speed limit. I want to be selfish and not recommend it to you because it will only be more prestigious for us to own.

GT 500
By Dave on 08/16/07 01:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I waited for a year, I love it, I rated the reliability high so I hope it lives up to it. I used to own a Boss 302, they don't even compare, the Shelby is fast, and it feels great. The rear suspension could be better, it hops a little on rough roads. The six speed Tremec is smooth shifting, but the clutch is tough. It lets out just a little late for me, hopefully it can be adjusted. Great car, great look. Thank you Carroll, for another great American car.

Shelby GT 500
By Ralph Mangum on 08/08/07 06:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is a very quick car and is very much fun to drive. The car handles well and is good on gas if driven without flooring it. The workmanship is very good. I have not had any problems with mine, just a lot of fun. The car is hard to hook up in first or second gear but different tires could make the difference.

Retro Power with Comfort
By Blue Witch on 06/15/07 07:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Previosly owned 6-7 Vettes ('73-'95), plus early 70s Formula Firebirds and late 70s Trans Ams. While powerful, only the 73 Corvette 454 big block matched up w/ the Shelby GT 500. Both are breathtaking. The Shelby far outclasses the early-mid 90s Vettes. I traded a 2007 GT/CS for the Shelby. The GT's straight-line performance pales against all of the aforementioned muscle cars. Groused about paying the $10K over sticker premium, but now have zero regrets about price. The Shelby GT 500 is a legitimate $60K ride that is docile until you light the fuse. This is quite simply the best car I've ever owned. If you want your heart to pound the way it did at 21, this is the ticket.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.