Used 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Shelby GT500

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:

40th #289
By #289

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Truth be known, I was disappointed when iI first purchased my 07, not because of the over msrp, but what I expected from Shelby. Truth is I don't think Mr. Shelby got what he really wanted from Ford when it was finished. I took my car to Las Vegas to CSM (shelby's garage) a year after purchase. WOW!!!! Now lets talk finish! Carbon fiber everywhere! new suspension! New exaust! 20" wheels and tires! Stripes back on the drop tops! Numberplates and signature plates! The car is a blast to drive, handles like a dream, and looks 10 fold better. Worth every nickle for the 40th package! And Ford still warrantees it. Nope, I don't work for him, just satisfied with my Shelby now! '07 owners inquire!

Favorite Features

Endless horsepower, great mileage, reliable, Styling right on. Love to hear the supercharger whine. Stock stereo sounds great. It is definitely one of the best smile making machines I've ever owned!

Suggested Improvements

If you keep the car stock, then I think the average Joe will be content and I could nitpick a while about all the cheap looking plastic, how the car sticks up too far in the back, and how it handles on less than desired roads or you can take it to "The man" and get it finished right!

Excellent Performance for the money
By Don Cannon

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This has to be the finest performance car I have ever owned! I have been fortunate to own Corvettes, 350Z, Z3, TransAms, Mustang GTs, even a 67 GT390 Mustang and this car is the best of them all. I purchased the car USED with only 2400 actual miles and have not been disappointed. The Shelby had a full Roush exhaust system installed on it before it left the Ford dealership and it has a terrific sound. Far better than the stock system I test drove on other cars. The gas mileage is excellent and as stated on the window. For anyone looking at one of these cars the performance and handling are terrific. It does have the wheel hop under hard acceleration but the TCS work good.For the money buy it!

Favorite Features

The power and handling of a great American muscle car! Mostly likely will be one of the last out of a US manufacturer! The car does draw a lot of attention, always enjoy the questions.

Suggested Improvements

Really none, the interior could be upgraded a little but not a big deal with me. The seats are far superior to the seats in a new Corvette which I compared it to.

my shelby
By amar

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I car sounds ridicously good gets alot of looks, butits kind of hard to drive in the rain especially going up hill. Car bounces alot on rough surfaces, but on smooth surfaces this car is ridiclously fast. On a tank of gas i can get up to 480kms on the highway and in the city if i drive fast around 270kms out of a tank. The car has had a clutch break down and replaced transmission bearings which ford fixed for free it cost 7300 dollars just in parts. They said they wouldnt have covered it but since it only had 10 thousandkms People either love this car or just dont notice it. On cornering the car feels realyl front heavy

Favorite Features

the noise the looks the speed the 1000 watt stereo system the resale value is great

Suggested Improvements

Better interior better handleing. when i drive this car fast around turns it feels that the car will just understeer right into the ditch. so it always keeps you from pushing it around turns

Pavement Ripper
By matchbox

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love it! It is so smooth and easy to drive that you forget how fast it is until you notice the other traffic disappearing behind you. Despite its power and acceleration it gets better gas mileage than a lot of less capabile cars. The brakes are always strong and I haven't caused them to fade yet. The distinctive good looks and exhust sound cause people to look at you as you cruise through the parking lot. You also get to meet a lot of new people that like cars. It seems that everyone that likes cars is drawn to the GT500.

Favorite Features

Distinctive looks, power and brakes. Ok and the attention it gets from passers by.

Suggested Improvements

Interior should be better for the price. It could use a good coat of stealth paint to reduce the attention it draws from the police. I prefer having a spare tire just in case.

Skipping Rear End
By Mike

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Everything is good with the handling except the solid rear axle causes the rear end to "skip" all over the place if there is the slightest imperfection in the road surface. With maximum acceleration in 1st gear it is always evident and gives the certain sense of loss of control. Rear suspenion certainly needs to be independent.