2007 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:
40th #289
By #289 on 11/01/09 01:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Truth be known, I was disappointed when iI first purchased my 07, not because of the over msrp, but what I expected from Shelby. Truth is I don't think Mr. Shelby got what he really wanted from Ford when it was finished. I took my car to Las Vegas to CSM (shelby's garage) a year after purchase. WOW!!!! Now lets talk finish! Carbon fiber everywhere! new suspension! New exaust! 20" wheels and tires! Stripes back on the drop tops! Numberplates and signature plates! The car is a blast to drive, handles like a dream, and looks 10 fold better. Worth every nickle for the 40th package! And Ford still warrantees it. Nope, I don't work for him, just satisfied with my Shelby now! '07 owners inquire!

Excellent Performance for the money
By Don Cannon on 10/22/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This has to be the finest performance car I have ever owned! I have been fortunate to own Corvettes, 350Z, Z3, TransAms, Mustang GTs, even a 67 GT390 Mustang and this car is the best of them all. I purchased the car USED with only 2400 actual miles and have not been disappointed. The Shelby had a full Roush exhaust system installed on it before it left the Ford dealership and it has a terrific sound. Far better than the stock system I test drove on other cars. The gas mileage is excellent and as stated on the window. For anyone looking at one of these cars the performance and handling are terrific. It does have the wheel hop under hard acceleration but the TCS work good.For the money buy it!

my shelby
By amar on 10/01/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I car sounds ridicously good gets alot of looks, butits kind of hard to drive in the rain especially going up hill. Car bounces alot on rough surfaces, but on smooth surfaces this car is ridiclously fast. On a tank of gas i can get up to 480kms on the highway and in the city if i drive fast around 270kms out of a tank. The car has had a clutch break down and replaced transmission bearings which ford fixed for free it cost 7300 dollars just in parts. They said they wouldnt have covered it but since it only had 10 thousandkms People either love this car or just dont notice it. On cornering the car feels realyl front heavy

Pavement Ripper
By matchbox on 06/27/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love it! It is so smooth and easy to drive that you forget how fast it is until you notice the other traffic disappearing behind you. Despite its power and acceleration it gets better gas mileage than a lot of less capabile cars. The brakes are always strong and I haven't caused them to fade yet. The distinctive good looks and exhust sound cause people to look at you as you cruise through the parking lot. You also get to meet a lot of new people that like cars. It seems that everyone that likes cars is drawn to the GT500.

Skipping Rear End
By Mike on 06/10/09 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Everything is good with the handling except the solid rear axle causes the rear end to "skip" all over the place if there is the slightest imperfection in the road surface. With maximum acceleration in 1st gear it is always evident and gives the certain sense of loss of control. Rear suspenion certainly needs to be independent.

In love with my Shelby
By jill green on 07/11/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car. I owned 4 others over the years. This is one great car. I have to be careful because you don't realize your doing 80 or better while tooling along. We took a trip to Vegas in her and she cruised along like a dream. I don't know to say but this little red is a keeper.

GT500 07
By Hans on 06/26/08 15:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned this Shelby since Nov 06. I just love to drive it and hear the whine of the supercharger. I have a cold air kit and tune installed and it really woke up the performance of this car. I've also had it on track in Sebring Florida driver's school. It was a blast to drive.I get 16 MPG in town and 21 HWY at eighty. Had some clutch issues that Ford fixed. So far this is the most fun car I have ever owned. There are plenty of aftermarket parts to dress up your pony car the way you like it. And if you want more power, add a different supercharger.

2007 Shelby GT 500
By Mike Scaramucci on 06/08/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am 62 and it is the most fantastic car that I have owned. There is no equal. I have done several upgrades to the hp. it sounds fantastic and its speed is exciting.

Fun in the sun
By Larry M on 04/04/08 12:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have owned several convertibles - 05 Vette was my last. The Shelby is just more fun. When you mash the pedal to the floor - it just plain hauls. Smokey burnouts at will - and will lay rubber at any speed in 1st gear. The ridgity of the car could be better but it not as bad as some of the expert reviews state. The car lacks some of the bells and whistles of the Vette but who cares if you have to turn the lights on & off. As far as the wow factor goes - its high. Lots of thumbs up and questioning admirers. I think for 10-15K less than the Vette its a steal.

GT 500
By Rick Yarling on 12/21/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I was one of a few owners that had a complete engine failure at 211 miles. It has been the greatest Mustang I have ever owned. I have entered it into 3 shows taking 2 thirds and one first place. It is a real head turner and eats Corvettes!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.