2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT350 model:

Track car for the rd
By douglas oxley

2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great handling car,well thought out - built tough. This car is a dream for those 1960's shelby fanatics. It is more car then I will ever use,and it is forgiving. I loved my 2013 boss but this car is a lot more. I have a tech version and I am happy with it. It is amazing around town and highway...easy to drive.I drive it in the old mans mode all of the time and I am not bored. Gas consumption is not the reason to buy this car for that I have a Prias that I like two.

Great, but...
By Ron

2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is perfect for me. However, there are some exterior quality control issues. In my case, the adhesive holding the right front wheel vent cover is missing a piece of the adhesive. Others have reported misalignment of body panels, but no such issue in my car. When I had the car detailed, the detailer noticed a large black screw under the driver's seat, and couldn't determine where it came from. Aside from this, the car is simply awesome - the exhaust note is pure music. That most dealers are charging over MSRP is pretty sad, but I paid a few thousand over MSRP and still think it's worth it. If I had to pay 10k or more over MSRP, then no. The 2017 models are just starting to come out now and kind of wish I'd held out, as the track pack comes standard with these 2017s. But still, very happy with the vehicle.

The best drivers car available!
By PTP-22

2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.2L 8cyl 6M)

The last Ford Mustang that I was compelled to own was a 1990 Fox body 5.0 GT. There's been a litany of different Mustang's and special versions but nothing like this one. I'm shocked that Ford was able to do dream this machine up let alone build it. I've owned 2 Porsche 911's, 3 Vette's including a ZR1, Z06 & base Z51, Ferrari 360 F1, BMW M3 Dinan, MB AMG SL63 and a 1997 Viper. Out of all of the cars, this GT350 is simply different. It's ability to combine all of the ergo comforts with the vehicle dynamics and great acceleration make it an "ultimate vehicle" of sorts. My friend has a 2015 Z28 and this one is equally incredible on the track but far greater on the streets. Another friend has a 2014 Hellcat Challenger with a stick and the GT350 walks it on the track but can't keep up on the streets. The GT350 is as happy going to the grocery store as it is on the open straights at Milan or Grattan. I've also learned how to be a better driver because the car is very neutral and allows for the driver to delve deeper into hard driving. When I was racing my buddy at Milan, the car made me feel like Senna or Prost. I simply love it and the globalization of Ford's Performance Team shows in the incredible dynamics, handling and overall ergonomics. My only warning is to be aware of your settings because this car gets too much attention from the police. The exhaust decries a noise that's a combination of a Ferrari's whaling & a Mustang's deep bass; ungodly sounds that make me giggle under acceleration. The best true drivers car I've been blessed to own.

no disappointments
By wyoscotto

2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.2L 8cyl 6M)

been driving a tech package car for 4 months with no regrets. Paid 4K over MSRP but picked up in 1 week and feel like I stole it now! Planned on a 911 as my mid life crises car until I saw this one, and it may well be the better machine. Very easy to drive daily, addictive exhaust sound, excellent trans, brakes and interior, and the only downside to this car(reaching here) is the 15 MPG I average in city diving. I am sure 16-18 would be possible with short shifts and restraint, but I would need earplugs and maturity, which is not realistic for me. Ford dealer was fantastic, 200 miles away, and honest enuff to get me back. Great experience and car is cutting edge perf at a bargain price. No tickets yet!

Gt350