Same old design, love it
By Natick73 on
2011 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
Ranger gets a bad rap because the design doesn't change much from year to year. My previous vehicle was a one owner 1999 ranger (me) with 367,000 miles on it. Used synthetic oil the life of the vehicle and never had to replace even a valve cover gasket. The Ranger is a fun vehicle and extremely reliable. Go ahead and spend more money, but you will be overpaying.
By banditgsf
on 04/29/14 12:22 PM (PDT)

I just bought a 2003 Ranger step side with the 4 door set-up. It cam fully loaded with electric window, mirrors and so on. Has the 4.0 V-6 engine, with the 3 speed automatic with overdrive. A one owner truck with 91,000 original miles. Chrome dual exhaust set-up and you can here the poer this truck puts out, They put in a new black bed liner, so I went to ford and bought the red color tough up paint. I was told its like finger nail polish which I dont use on my nails,lol. But, I love this truck!! Great gas mileage, everything is strong and tight. I had a Silverado 1500 and have always been a Chevy man. Still am on the old muscle cars, but I love this truck and if there still around when this one dies at 400,000 I will but another one!!

By ranger28
on 03/19/11 18:02 PM (PDT)

If you want an unreliable vehicle to haul your friends around I would suggest anything but a Ranger. If your a man and need a truck to haul cargo and want something to depend on get the Ranger. I have a 98 4.0Liter 4x4 and love it. I think 4 door trucks with a 4 or 5 foot long bed are stupid. If you get a 4door truck with a standard bed that's stupid too because its almost impossible to park. As far as handling goes I have 31.10 tires on mine and can make a turn at highway speeds without tire squal. Edmunds used to give reliable non bias information. The great thing about having those crappy jump seats is that when i go Kayaking with the group, i usually don't have to drive saving me a fortune in gas lol. I see pictures online of a possible 2012 ranger, but I'm not sure i would want to sacrifice the bed for extra doors. What the hell does having sync have to do with the quality of a truck anyway.