2011 XLT Supercab 4 cyl/manual
By gene2 on
2011 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Traded my 2001 Ranger regular cab in for a 2010 Mustang GT. Once the novelty wore off, I missed my old Ranger so much that I traded the Mustang for a new Ranger. Nothin' fancy - easy to understand/operate controls, great big windows for tremendous visibility, very stable and comfortable ride, nice turn radius for parking lot ops, and 25 MPG with only 800 miles on this new truck. Although the 4 cylinder engine won't let you win any drag races, it's certainly enough power to get around town and accelerate to highway speeds safely. Great 5 speed manual transmission and clutch. Perfectly sized truck; easy to get into and out of. Perfect bed height for loading/unloading cargo.
Favorite Features
All the standard safety features - traction control, stability control, roll over control, extra airbags. Visibility, handling, XM radio, size. 25 mpg on a brand new motor - nice! Also, love the fold-down center console - it's the perfect height for resting my right arm on when not shifting gears. Great big side view mirrors - no blind spots! $3500 rebate PLUS $1,000 trade-in rebate.
Suggested Improvements
pointless - This is the Ranger's last year (I think). However, if I'm wrong, I wish that Ford would add a telescoping feature to the tiltable steering wheel. That's it - great little truck.