Used 2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Keep on trucking!
By crimsoncoasty1

2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger and I love it. I'm a Ford guy and had a 2007 King Ranch F-150 with all the bells and whistles and it was time to get back to the basics. I owned a 96 Ranger Sport V6 and missed my "little" red truck. The reliability, compact workhorse is all I ever needed. The gas mileage is better compared to the V8 Triton and its nimbleness is perfect to whip it anywhere I want. The 4x4 keeps me out of jambs and the upkeep is easy compared to Abilene Kimg Ranch leather. I love it!

Size, value, comfort, nimbleness.

Interior size and features.

Absolutely Perfect Small Truck
By shojam12

2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger. My first was a 2001 with a 2.5l and 5 speed manual which sadly, I gave to a friend in need. I had to have another one. I own other vehicles loaded with options, High Performance, NAV, Heated Seats, etc, but I love this Ranger for what it is. It doesn't pretend or try to be anything except a basic, fun hard working truck. It's small inside for a big guy, but easy to drive and easy to park, tough as nails and well built. There are enough drivetrain, transmission, cab, payload and axle combinations to meet any need. Ford kept the Ranger honest to its purpose and I am sorry to see it go.

Easy to find choices that meet what I need. Love that about Ford Trucks. I needed a manual transmission, V6 with 4 wheel drive and 4 doors with a reasonable payload in a small truck.

Great Truck, Again
By cmciver

2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

2011 will be the last year for Ranger.
Thats why I bought my 4.0 V6, 5 speed.
This will make the 8th one starting in 1984.
Every model I have owned has been better then the last, and they were all good work trucks. I have read the reviews and wonder if the writers have ever had to work, using a truck ,every day for years on end. Why do you think Ford has sold every Ranger that they can make? Simple, they work. If you take reasonable care, they will last for years with out major problems. For the price you will not find a better truck. Ford has over 28 years making this truck, I think they got it right.

Will haul heavy loads, great at towing.and looks like a Ford truck.

The one weak link in all my older Rangers has been the front brakes. They need big rotors. Thou I see the 2011 has 4 wheel disks all around.

Great Value and Reliability
By labman3

2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab 4 door with 4.0 Liter V-6.
I bought it brand new off the lot and have never looked back!
It is a great truck for the money and very reliable.
I have 177,000 miles on the truck; have faithfully changed the oil every 3000 miles; done routine maintenance like brakes and fluids; never given me a bit of trouble.
I get 22 miles per gallon on the road and this truck has more than enough power.
My son just drove it to Denver Colorado over 1200 miles and never missed a beat!
I hate to see Ford discontinue this truck.
It is easy to park and very nimble.
I love it and am going to buy a 2011 while they are still available.

New 2011 Ranger owner
By jmmtn

2011 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Can't speak from experience yet. I have been driving 02 Explorer for 8 years and love it. I like the excellent ride, handling, braking, and feel of this new Ranger. I have driven my son's Tacoma and I fail to see the inferior handling and braking of the Ranger spoken about in the Edmunds review.
It has Sirius Radio,MP3, PW,PDL, so I don't see the deficit here either. I also don't look to a truck for sports car performance.
The criticisms I have mainly read are mostly superflous fluff. So they haven't changed the styling. BFD! I look for a truck to haul/tow my stuff reliably through 0 degree weather 30 miles from nowhere and not guzzle gas. I think the Ranger will work for me.

5spd Auto Transmission(not manual) Compact size. Comfortable seating. good handling. Nice ride. MPG better than EPA estimate(14-18) 4X4 V6 supercab my actual (HWY 19-20) 4 wheel ABS disc brakes with Roll Control. Extra space behind front seats(I agree jump seats are a joke- will probably take out in favor of more cargo space.) Unchanged styling(like me- if it looks good - why change it?)

Keep making them.