2011 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Absolutely Perfect Small Truck
By shojam12 on 11/01/12 20:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger. My first was a 2001 with a 2.5l and 5 speed manual which sadly, I gave to a friend in need. I had to have another one. I own other vehicles loaded with options, High Performance, NAV, Heated Seats, etc, but I love this Ranger for what it is. It doesn't pretend or try to be anything except a basic, fun hard working truck. It's small inside for a big guy, but easy to drive and easy to park, tough as nails and well built. There are enough drivetrain, transmission, cab, payload and axle combinations to meet any need. Ford kept the Ranger honest to its purpose and I am sorry to see it go.

Great Truck, Again
By cmciver on 03/26/12 01:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

2011 will be the last year for Ranger. Thats why I bought my 4.0 V6, 5 speed. This will make the 8th one starting in 1984. Every model I have owned has been better then the last, and they were all good work trucks. I have read the reviews and wonder if the writers have ever had to work, using a truck ,every day for years on end. Why do you think Ford has sold every Ranger that they can make? Simple, they work. If you take reasonable care, they will last for years with out major problems. For the price you will not find a better truck. Ford has over 28 years making this truck, I think they got it right.

Great Value and Reliability
By labman3 on 02/23/12 18:21 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab 4 door with 4.0 Liter V-6. I bought it brand new off the lot and have never looked back! It is a great truck for the money and very reliable. I have 177,000 miles on the truck; have faithfully changed the oil every 3000 miles; done routine maintenance like brakes and fluids; never given me a bit of trouble. I get 22 miles per gallon on the road and this truck has more than enough power. My son just drove it to Denver Colorado over 1200 miles and never missed a beat! I hate to see Ford discontinue this truck. It is easy to park and very nimble. I love it and am going to buy a 2011 while they are still available.

New 2011 Ranger owner
By jmmtn on 01/06/12 23:18 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Can't speak from experience yet. I have been driving 02 Explorer for 8 years and love it. I like the excellent ride, handling, braking, and feel of this new Ranger. I have driven my son's Tacoma and I fail to see the inferior handling and braking of the Ranger spoken about in the Edmunds review. It has Sirius Radio,MP3, PW,PDL, so I don't see the deficit here either. I also don't look to a truck for sports car performance. The criticisms I have mainly read are mostly superflous fluff. So they haven't changed the styling. BFD! I look for a truck to haul/tow my stuff reliably through 0 degree weather 30 miles from nowhere and not guzzle gas. I think the Ranger will work for me.

2011 Ford Ranger Supercab Sport 4x2
By 4ranger on 12/18/11 12:08 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased my 2011 Ranger Sport Supercab in November 2011. This is my 5th Ranger, 1989,1997,2000,2006 and this 2011. I've not had any problems and most had over 100K miles on them when I sold them. I hate Ford is ending the production, thats why I bought my new 2011. I'm 6'2", 285lbs and I have plenty of room.

Great Truck, Great Price, GREAT MPG!
By trophyf1 on 07/26/11 22:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the truck 6 months ago; XLT 2x4 Extra Cab with the Duratec 2.3L I4, 5 speed Manual trans, & 4.10 rearend gears. So far the truck has been fantastic and surpassed expectations! The Ranger has not changed in years which is a good thing because it still has a great feel when you drive it. Its smooth on the highway, has a convenient interior, and the trucks size allows it to be parked nearly anywhere. Will it win a drag race? NO... but it has all the power it needs. I am happy to start my Ranger every morning... the 5 speed manual is fun to drive and has all the pep it needs with the 2.3. My first ranger was an 02' and was the best vehicle I have ever owned, thus I bought another!!!!!

Best Truck I've Ever Owned
By teelelen on 05/22/11 19:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The one words that I think that best describe this vehicle are quality and reliability. Before I bought my '05 Ranger I had a '99 Dakota and was severely disappointed by the quality within one year of owning the vehicle it already had electrical problems and needed new ball joints. With my Ranger I've never had any problems with it and it still runs strong with a 120,000 miles on it. I think people get stuck on the fact that the interior design is that comfortable and doesn't change that much from year to year. But at the end of the day the Ranger will run strong, work hard, and is of the upmost quality and will be with you for a very long time and will outlast most trucks.

2011 XLT Supercab 4 cyl/manual
By gene2 on 02/12/11 07:57 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my 2001 Ranger regular cab in for a 2010 Mustang GT. Once the novelty wore off, I missed my old Ranger so much that I traded the Mustang for a new Ranger. Nothin' fancy - easy to understand/operate controls, great big windows for tremendous visibility, very stable and comfortable ride, nice turn radius for parking lot ops, and 25 MPG with only 800 miles on this new truck. Although the 4 cylinder engine won't let you win any drag races, it's certainly enough power to get around town and accelerate to highway speeds safely. Great 5 speed manual transmission and clutch. Perfectly sized truck; easy to get into and out of. Perfect bed height for loading/unloading cargo.

Same old design, love it
By Natick73 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ranger gets a bad rap because the design doesn't change much from year to year. My previous vehicle was a one owner 1999 ranger (me) with 367,000 miles on it. Used synthetic oil the life of the vehicle and never had to replace even a valve cover gasket. The Ranger is a fun vehicle and extremely reliable. Go ahead and spend more money, but you will be overpaying.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Ranger in VA is:

$130 per month*