2010 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Completely Satisfied

2010 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

Completely Satisfied
By Phil on

2010 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck to replace a 4 door with a 3.0 V6. I thought I would be sacrificing performance for gas mileage, but I was wrong. The taller gearing takes a little getting used to but the performance is as good or better than the 3.0 V6, and the gas mileage is much better. I can get 27 on the hi-way and 22 to 24 around town. The 16 valve engine likes to rev, and feels very snappy in town, while handling the hills quite well. I had no trouble at all pulling the Shasta/Siskiou grade on I-5 in 5th gear. I also had a 91 with the old 2.3 liter, and I think this compares quite well with that truck. The transmission and overall fit and finish is better on this one too. I am quite pleased.

4 wheel disk brakes, standard trailer tow set-up, standard A/C, XLT chrome package, bed liner, and especially the included Sirius radio (its great!). And once again, the best gas mileage in its class.

The power windows need a delay feature allowing them to be used after the ignition is turned off. I also miss the 4 door feature of my old truck a lot. I would have opted for that, but couldn't find it with a 4 cyl. & 5 speed. Makes loading groceries much harder. Turning radius could be smaller too.