2010 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 3rd Ford Ranger

2010 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

3rd Ford Ranger
By John on

2010 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased the 4x4 XLT extended cab today, so I can't judge longterm on reliability. So far it's great, very comfortable, the 4.0L engine is responsive and powerful for highway driving. I think the ride is good, and the interior although the almost the same as my 98, is practical and easy to use. The styling is nice, and I like the fact that is indeed a true compact pickup. These little trucks are a good value for those not needing a huge rig, and the inconvenience that comes with large trucks, i.e. parking. Yes, this truck hasn't changed a lot in the past decade +, but I think the styling and overall design is fine the way it is, why mess with a good thing?

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, interior control layout, 4.0 engine, ride height, Sirius radio standard on the XLT, side airbags, traction control.

Suggested Improvements

Spray in bedliner standard, audio controls on the steering wheel with the XLT package, overhead console for sunglasses, garage door opener, compass and exterior temp.