2010 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: 2010 Ranger Reg Cab XLT

2010 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

2010 Ranger Reg Cab XLT
By Billy Rockfish on

2010 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Reliability, I'm sure,will be well above average. MANY Rangers on the streets, roads and freeways of Oahu (Hawaii) of all vintages. I've never heard of anyone having a bad Ford Ranger, hence one of the decisions towards my purchase. That, and the value of the features offered on the Ranger, it's looks (I don't care if it hasn't changed much in 12 years!) and the fact that it's an 'evergreen' truck with a good reputation for economy and reliability were factors in selecting this truck over its competition. I am averaging 24-25mpg in mixed city/highway driving. I have the 5A. Great truck which will undoubtedly please me. Used for play, commute and work.

Great fuel economy - good power in all driving situations (143 hp 2.3L 16 V 4 cyl). Compactness an advantage in heavy Honolulu traffic

Although Ranger may not come back after '12, if it does, an improved unladen ride would be welcome. Otherwise, don't monkey with a good thing.