Used 2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Completely Satisfied
By Phil

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck to replace a 4 door with a 3.0 V6. I thought I would be sacrificing performance for gas mileage, but I was wrong. The taller gearing takes a little getting used to but the performance is as good or better than the 3.0 V6, and the gas mileage is much better. I can get 27 on the hi-way and 22 to 24 around town. The 16 valve engine likes to rev, and feels very snappy in town, while handling the hills quite well. I had no trouble at all pulling the Shasta/Siskiou grade on I-5 in 5th gear. I also had a 91 with the old 2.3 liter, and I think this compares quite well with that truck. The transmission and overall fit and finish is better on this one too. I am quite pleased.

4 wheel disk brakes, standard trailer tow set-up, standard A/C, XLT chrome package, bed liner, and especially the included Sirius radio (its great!). And once again, the best gas mileage in its class.

The power windows need a delay feature allowing them to be used after the ignition is turned off. I also miss the 4 door feature of my old truck a lot. I would have opted for that, but couldn't find it with a 4 cyl. & 5 speed. Makes loading groceries much harder. Turning radius could be smaller too.

Exactly what I wanted.
By DS

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an inexpensive truck with the best mileage and bought it. Rowing gears for the 3 mpg bonus. Bought for commuting and occasional loads, and it is perfect. Fit and finish is very good. Ride a little too soft in the front, not enough valving in the shocks. Styling is dated, but I knew what I was buying. With the 4.10 gears, if this truck had a 6 speed, it could have been a cult classic. The NVH,(noise, vibration, harshness)of the motor could be better, but the 2.3 aluminum block Duratec design is 9 years old and not annoying. Shifting and clutching is nice; clutch takeup is light and intuitive, the shifter is precise, but this isn't a sports car.

Mileage! 2.3 is spunky if you twist it, but that defeats the purpose. With a 19 gallon tank and 25+ mpg, 400 miles between fill ups is nice. Blue Metallic is gorgeous. The interior cloth seats are not soft, but will probably hold up to time. Did I say mileage?

Did not like the excessive dive and jounce of the front shocks, replaced them with KYB G2, way better. Hellwig sway bars front and rear to burn a few corners. Didn't like the stock radio, replaced with Pioneer Nav, Bluetooth and Sirius with a custom sub, that's better.

First new car, LOVE IT
By CaspianX

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 1987 Jeep Cherokee which I cherish, and only having 68,800 miles it's my baby. When I turned 18 I wanted a second vehicle because my Jeep had been wrecked and was in the shop getting repairs and some custom work done. I stumbled upon my beautiful Dark Shadow Metallic Ranger. I love it and drive it everyday, leaving my Jeep as my weekend car. I've had it almost three months and its only up to 1776 miles. LOVE IT and the gas is better than my jeep for being a 4x4 V6. Being 4'11" it is the perfect size for me.

Color, body style, colored bumpers, ride is smooth, very comfortable. Sirius radio. Fog lights. Power of the tiny V6.

More customization products from aftermarket companies.

Fuel economy and safety
By RK

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2010 Ford Ranger Sport, 6cyl, auto. Use it for mostly in town driving. Fuel consumption is 20 L per 100 km which equates to less than 14 mpg (CDN gallon). The truck revs at over a 1000 rpm until it has reached max temp. This means on the flat stretch it will do over 20 kph without putting your foot on the accelerator. Extremely hard on the brakes when going through parking lots and down any sort of an incline. I am usually at my destination before the truck has completely warmed up. I brought the matter to Ford's attention but they state it is the way these Rangers are built. Personally I find it annoying and dangerous.

Follow up of initial review
By John

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I wrote the review titled by "John" 3rd Ford Ranger. At this point having owned the truck for about 6 months I can give a little better review. The brakes, they have squealed since day one. Fuel economy on this truck is absolutly terrible. The fit and finish of the truck leave a lot to be desired if one cares a lot about such things. For instance my bed is flush on one side when compared to the cab, but protrudes about 3/4" on the other side of the cab. The tailgate is flush with the bed rail on one side, but sits about 1/4" lower then the rail on the other side. Minor things, but obvious if you're looking, but it still gets the job done and is a dependable truck

Same as previously noted.

A drastic improvement in fuel economy.