2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

XLT SuperCab (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Not bad for an old body!
By Gonzo on 08/17/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In the past 5 years I have owned 3 trucks, a Honda Ridgeline, a Nissan Frontier and the new Ford Ranger. The Ridgeline and the Frontiers were both 6 cyl and gas guzzlers. I don't tow, so I wanted better mileage and a 4 cyl was the one I needed. I settled for the Ranger because I can get it pretty much with everything I want on the XLT model. It is a great small/compact truck and I like this. Mileage is very good and the 4 cyl has enough power for my needs. I was getting 14 MPG's on the Ridgeline and 15 MPG on the Frontier. I get way over 24 in the city with the Ranger and so far almost 30 on the highway. Nice truck for the price.

Completely Satisfied
By Phil on 06/30/10 00:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck to replace a 4 door with a 3.0 V6. I thought I would be sacrificing performance for gas mileage, but I was wrong. The taller gearing takes a little getting used to but the performance is as good or better than the 3.0 V6, and the gas mileage is much better. I can get 27 on the hi-way and 22 to 24 around town. The 16 valve engine likes to rev, and feels very snappy in town, while handling the hills quite well. I had no trouble at all pulling the Shasta/Siskiou grade on I-5 in 5th gear. I also had a 91 with the old 2.3 liter, and I think this compares quite well with that truck. The transmission and overall fit and finish is better on this one too. I am quite pleased.

Exactly what I wanted.
By DS on 05/09/10 00:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an inexpensive truck with the best mileage and bought it. Rowing gears for the 3 mpg bonus. Bought for commuting and occasional loads, and it is perfect. Fit and finish is very good. Ride a little too soft in the front, not enough valving in the shocks. Styling is dated, but I knew what I was buying. With the 4.10 gears, if this truck had a 6 speed, it could have been a cult classic. The NVH,(noise, vibration, harshness)of the motor could be better, but the 2.3 aluminum block Duratec design is 9 years old and not annoying. Shifting and clutching is nice; clutch takeup is light and intuitive, the shifter is precise, but this isn't a sports car.