Used 2010 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Not bad for an old body!
By Gonzo

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In the past 5 years I have owned 3 trucks, a Honda Ridgeline, a Nissan Frontier and the new Ford Ranger. The Ridgeline and the Frontiers were both 6 cyl and gas guzzlers. I don't tow, so I wanted better mileage and a 4 cyl was the one I needed. I settled for the Ranger because I can get it pretty much with everything I want on the XLT model. It is a great small/compact truck and I like this. Mileage is very good and the 4 cyl has enough power for my needs. I was getting 14 MPG's on the Ridgeline and 15 MPG on the Frontier. I get way over 24 in the city with the Ranger and so far almost 30 on the highway. Nice truck for the price.

Brakes, smaller size, economical 4 cyl engine, good ergonomics, reliable, built strong to last.

Would like to have auto locking doors.

Completely Satisfied
By Phil

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck to replace a 4 door with a 3.0 V6. I thought I would be sacrificing performance for gas mileage, but I was wrong. The taller gearing takes a little getting used to but the performance is as good or better than the 3.0 V6, and the gas mileage is much better. I can get 27 on the hi-way and 22 to 24 around town. The 16 valve engine likes to rev, and feels very snappy in town, while handling the hills quite well. I had no trouble at all pulling the Shasta/Siskiou grade on I-5 in 5th gear. I also had a 91 with the old 2.3 liter, and I think this compares quite well with that truck. The transmission and overall fit and finish is better on this one too. I am quite pleased.

4 wheel disk brakes, standard trailer tow set-up, standard A/C, XLT chrome package, bed liner, and especially the included Sirius radio (its great!). And once again, the best gas mileage in its class.

The power windows need a delay feature allowing them to be used after the ignition is turned off. I also miss the 4 door feature of my old truck a lot. I would have opted for that, but couldn't find it with a 4 cyl. & 5 speed. Makes loading groceries much harder. Turning radius could be smaller too.

Exactly what I wanted.
By DS

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an inexpensive truck with the best mileage and bought it. Rowing gears for the 3 mpg bonus. Bought for commuting and occasional loads, and it is perfect. Fit and finish is very good. Ride a little too soft in the front, not enough valving in the shocks. Styling is dated, but I knew what I was buying. With the 4.10 gears, if this truck had a 6 speed, it could have been a cult classic. The NVH,(noise, vibration, harshness)of the motor could be better, but the 2.3 aluminum block Duratec design is 9 years old and not annoying. Shifting and clutching is nice; clutch takeup is light and intuitive, the shifter is precise, but this isn't a sports car.

Mileage! 2.3 is spunky if you twist it, but that defeats the purpose. With a 19 gallon tank and 25+ mpg, 400 miles between fill ups is nice. Blue Metallic is gorgeous. The interior cloth seats are not soft, but will probably hold up to time. Did I say mileage?

Did not like the excessive dive and jounce of the front shocks, replaced them with KYB G2, way better. Hellwig sway bars front and rear to burn a few corners. Didn't like the stock radio, replaced with Pioneer Nav, Bluetooth and Sirius with a custom sub, that's better.