2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Nice truck until March 31, 2012 when it burned completely up
By pricecat on 04/02/12 21:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2010 Ford Ranger Super Cap in Mar 2010 and had 18K miles. It was a very nice truck with no problems. This past Saturday (March 31, 2012), while This is a 5 speed automatic. On 3/31/12, while driving, it caught fire and burned up totally. We got out of it before it was engulfed and we did not get hurt. The truck is a total loss. We smelled a burnt-match-like smell and stopped to investigate. The truck was already on fire when we got out and we were not able to lift the hood. There was no warning that something was wrong. . . no light lit up to indicate a problem. I'm curious if there are others who have experienced this as well.

Better than my S10
By kwuerfl on 12/22/11 23:53 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the stiff suspension and handling. I love driving this little truck lots of fun in the dessert.

Better Than Expected
By Don on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Needed a smaller truck for use on homestead. We have an Expedition but it is not ideal for work intended. Power from the 4.0 L is good. Averaged 22 mpg on 800 mile trip at 75 mph. Mixed driving around area and average around 18 mpg.still a lot better than the Expedition. In the past I have had full size diesels, V-8s and one B-2000 Mazda (208,000 miles). This truck performs as well and gets the job required done with no problems.

Poor Gas Mileage
By Mike on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since buying the truck, I have recorded every gas purchase into an excel spreadsheet. Recording price per gallon, gallons purchased, cost, date of transaction, transaction number, etc. Then calcing mileage of last tank of gas & over all mileage. My overall mileage is very slightly over 16 MPG. I do not drive the vehicle hard and my driving is a mix of highway & city. When I have driven a full tank of almost all highway I only got 15.871 MPG.

Not bad for an old body!
By Gonzo on 08/17/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In the past 5 years I have owned 3 trucks, a Honda Ridgeline, a Nissan Frontier and the new Ford Ranger. The Ridgeline and the Frontiers were both 6 cyl and gas guzzlers. I don't tow, so I wanted better mileage and a 4 cyl was the one I needed. I settled for the Ranger because I can get it pretty much with everything I want on the XLT model. It is a great small/compact truck and I like this. Mileage is very good and the 4 cyl has enough power for my needs. I was getting 14 MPG's on the Ridgeline and 15 MPG on the Frontier. I get way over 24 in the city with the Ranger and so far almost 30 on the highway. Nice truck for the price.

Completely Satisfied
By Phil on 06/30/10 00:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck to replace a 4 door with a 3.0 V6. I thought I would be sacrificing performance for gas mileage, but I was wrong. The taller gearing takes a little getting used to but the performance is as good or better than the 3.0 V6, and the gas mileage is much better. I can get 27 on the hi-way and 22 to 24 around town. The 16 valve engine likes to rev, and feels very snappy in town, while handling the hills quite well. I had no trouble at all pulling the Shasta/Siskiou grade on I-5 in 5th gear. I also had a 91 with the old 2.3 liter, and I think this compares quite well with that truck. The transmission and overall fit and finish is better on this one too. I am quite pleased.

Exactly what I wanted.
By DS on 05/09/10 00:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an inexpensive truck with the best mileage and bought it. Rowing gears for the 3 mpg bonus. Bought for commuting and occasional loads, and it is perfect. Fit and finish is very good. Ride a little too soft in the front, not enough valving in the shocks. Styling is dated, but I knew what I was buying. With the 4.10 gears, if this truck had a 6 speed, it could have been a cult classic. The NVH,(noise, vibration, harshness)of the motor could be better, but the 2.3 aluminum block Duratec design is 9 years old and not annoying. Shifting and clutching is nice; clutch takeup is light and intuitive, the shifter is precise, but this isn't a sports car.

First new car, LOVE IT
By CaspianX on 05/07/10 10:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 1987 Jeep Cherokee which I cherish, and only having 68,800 miles it's my baby. When I turned 18 I wanted a second vehicle because my Jeep had been wrecked and was in the shop getting repairs and some custom work done. I stumbled upon my beautiful Dark Shadow Metallic Ranger. I love it and drive it everyday, leaving my Jeep as my weekend car. I've had it almost three months and its only up to 1776 miles. LOVE IT and the gas is better than my jeep for being a 4x4 V6. Being 4'11" it is the perfect size for me.

Fuel economy and safety
By RK on 04/18/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2010 Ford Ranger Sport, 6cyl, auto. Use it for mostly in town driving. Fuel consumption is 20 L per 100 km which equates to less than 14 mpg (CDN gallon). The truck revs at over a 1000 rpm until it has reached max temp. This means on the flat stretch it will do over 20 kph without putting your foot on the accelerator. Extremely hard on the brakes when going through parking lots and down any sort of an incline. I am usually at my destination before the truck has completely warmed up. I brought the matter to Ford's attention but they state it is the way these Rangers are built. Personally I find it annoying and dangerous.

Follow up of initial review
By John on 04/11/10 21:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I wrote the review titled by "John" 3rd Ford Ranger. At this point having owned the truck for about 6 months I can give a little better review. The brakes, they have squealed since day one. Fuel economy on this truck is absolutly terrible. The fit and finish of the truck leave a lot to be desired if one cares a lot about such things. For instance my bed is flush on one side when compared to the cab, but protrudes about 3/4" on the other side of the cab. The tailgate is flush with the bed rail on one side, but sits about 1/4" lower then the rail on the other side. Minor things, but obvious if you're looking, but it still gets the job done and is a dependable truck

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Ranger Supercab in VA is:

$120 per month*