Used 2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Nice truck until March 31, 2012 when it burned completely up
By pricecat

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2010 Ford Ranger Super Cap in Mar 2010 and had 18K miles. It was a very nice truck with no problems. This past Saturday (March 31, 2012), while This is a 5 speed automatic. On 3/31/12, while driving, it caught fire and burned up totally. We got out of it before it was engulfed and we did not get hurt. The truck is a total loss. We smelled a burnt-match-like smell and stopped to investigate. The truck was already on fire when we got out and we were not able to lift the hood. There was no warning that something was wrong. . . no light lit up to indicate a problem. I'm curious if there are others who have experienced this as well.

Better than my S10
By kwuerfl

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the stiff suspension and handling. I love driving this little truck lots of fun in the dessert.

Looks great.

Needs limited slip differential and stability control for better driving and safety.

Better Than Expected
By Don

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Needed a smaller truck for use on homestead. We have an Expedition but it is not ideal for work intended. Power from the 4.0 L is good. Averaged 22 mpg on 800 mile trip at 75 mph. Mixed driving around area and average around 18 mpg.still a lot better than the Expedition. In the past I have had full size diesels, V-8s and one B-2000 Mazda (208,000 miles). This truck performs as well and gets the job required done with no problems.

Fit and Finish Excellent, Good Power, Good Mileage. Love the Sirius radio.

More storage in the cab.

Poor Gas Mileage
By Mike

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since buying the truck, I have recorded every gas purchase into an excel spreadsheet. Recording price per gallon, gallons purchased, cost, date of transaction, transaction number, etc. Then calcing mileage of last tank of gas & over all mileage. My overall mileage is very slightly over 16 MPG. I do not drive the vehicle hard and my driving is a mix of highway & city. When I have driven a full tank of almost all highway I only got 15.871 MPG.

Simple truck with some creature comforts. And it doesn't take up the whole garage.

Better gas mileage.

Not bad for an old body!
By Gonzo

2010 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In the past 5 years I have owned 3 trucks, a Honda Ridgeline, a Nissan Frontier and the new Ford Ranger. The Ridgeline and the Frontiers were both 6 cyl and gas guzzlers. I don't tow, so I wanted better mileage and a 4 cyl was the one I needed. I settled for the Ranger because I can get it pretty much with everything I want on the XLT model. It is a great small/compact truck and I like this. Mileage is very good and the 4 cyl has enough power for my needs. I was getting 14 MPG's on the Ridgeline and 15 MPG on the Frontier. I get way over 24 in the city with the Ranger and so far almost 30 on the highway. Nice truck for the price.

Brakes, smaller size, economical 4 cyl engine, good ergonomics, reliable, built strong to last.

Would like to have auto locking doors.