Disappointed
By Disappointed on
2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Looks good and drives good. After 6,000 miles developed any annoying rattle in the passenger side of the dash and the dealer could not find the source. Worst part was that after 5-6 months the vehicle started rusting. A couple of spots on the body, through the paint and also some painted spots under the bed and finally inside the wheels. I do live at the beach, but my 1996 Jeep Cherokee, which was 8 years old when I moved there, took 3 to 4 years to start rusting and my girlfriend lived in the Keys for 20 years and never had issues with her 3 Hondas. This is ridiculous, especially since Ford claims that their quality is even with Honda and Toyota. Warranty doesn't cover this, of course.
Favorite Features
The vehicle's looks and the fact that it sits up higher than a car, as all trucks do.
Suggested Improvements
Put primer on all of the paintable surfaces, so it will not rust. This is not an unreasonable request! Other car makers do it. Also sometimes the truck had trouble shifting into high gear at 40 to 45 mph. Sometimes it would shift okay and other times not...fix this too.