Just what I expected
By don on
2009 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
My Ranger is a 4 cyl 5m regular cab xlt. The ride is a bit stiff and the rear end will jump on a wash board road, but the handling is tight and it is fun to drive, I enjoy going places in it. I really commend the 4 banger with 5 m, this engine is so superior to older 4 cyl vehicles I have had, need to get up and go you spin it up but you can also put it in 4th gear at 25 mph in the snow without lugging it. The 5m works very nice. I'm getting about one mpg better then the EPA estimate. It is a two person vehicle, you can just forget about that seat belt in middle, kids small enough to fit there need a car seat to be legal. No problems yet at 7500 miles.
Favorite Features
Compact size, sufficient power-although you may need a little more room for passing on a two lane-good working AC. It sure was nice of Ford to make a towing package standard in 2009. Best price around with a great rebate.
Suggested Improvements
Radio is nothing special, as previously mentioned ride can be stiff. Frankly I had no surprises when I bought it I knew the ride would be stiff and the cab small-but very happy with motor, transmission and fuel economy. Handy little truck!