2009 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: best for the money

2009 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

2009 Ford Ranger

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

best for the money
By don on

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The thing to remember when buying a Ranger is know what you are buying. If you need room for more than two people the extended cab won't get it. Another hit it takes is for styling. I like the looks of the Ranger, especially the more pronounced grille and hood on the 2009. I have 2900 miles on my regular cab XLT, 4 cylinder, and five speed manual. First tank averaged 25.2 and now get a 31.5 highway. Haven't checked town driving, but I imagine it's about 26. Know going in you don't have extra power with the four, but it's sufficient and has that great mileage. This is my second Ranger and I love them. I find them comfortable, reliable, tough, good looking, and inexpensive.

I like everything about this truck. It's enjoyable to drive, tight body with little wind noise, everything is handy & easy to use, the power equipment group is a real plus. You won't find a better truck for the price.

I'm 6' 1" tall. Long trips can be tiring since the seat won't go back far enough for 'stretching' my legs.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review