best for the money
By don on
2009 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
The thing to remember when buying a Ranger is know what you are buying. If you need room for more than two people the extended cab won't get it. Another hit it takes is for styling. I like the looks of the Ranger, especially the more pronounced grille and hood on the 2009. I have 2900 miles on my regular cab XLT, 4 cylinder, and five speed manual. First tank averaged 25.2 and now get a 31.5 highway. Haven't checked town driving, but I imagine it's about 26. Know going in you don't have extra power with the four, but it's sufficient and has that great mileage. This is my second Ranger and I love them. I find them comfortable, reliable, tough, good looking, and inexpensive.
Favorite Features
I like everything about this truck. It's enjoyable to drive, tight body with little wind noise, everything is handy & easy to use, the power equipment group is a real plus. You won't find a better truck for the price.
Suggested Improvements
I'm 6' 1" tall. Long trips can be tiring since the seat won't go back far enough for 'stretching' my legs.