2009 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Happy camper
By Pleased Owner on 02/26/09 09:57 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

2009 is the first year for the Sport in a 4CYL. I never would have driven one exceot my employer bought a fleet and the mechanics told me to test drive tone. I was surprised with the 4cyl guts. My gas mileage is 20.5 around town and one one trip it was 23mpg. Didn't look at any other models because I am stuck on the dependabilty of Fords. Great truck for the money.

Best truck made in America
By Chris on 02/26/09 05:09 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in 2009 and so far have put 1000 miles on it. So far so good haven't had a problem with it yet. I'm not sure about fuel economy though, I have the 4.0L V6 and I get 14 in the city. I'm suposed to get 17 in the city and 20 on the highway. Other than that i love this truck. Its the best one That you can buy for the money. I wouldn't reccommend this truck unless there is only two people in your family.

Solid compact truck
By nick on 01/18/09 22:13 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have put 600 miles on the truck after purchasing new. So far, very satisfied with purchase. Put to work on day 1, but only light duty hauling. Build quality, road manners, handling, and road noise all better than one might expect for this basic truck. Fuel efficiency has been on target to EPA estimates with mostly normal driving. I rated performance very high - but not based on unladen driving. Power is not "excellent" but instead basically as good as expected. However, power under load is excellent - with 1/2 ton of lumber and other materials driving manners (handling, clutch performance, braking) did not significantly decrease and power was great. Will update once I've put more miles on it