2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Ranger 2009
By Mike on 04/23/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the 2009 Ranger with 2.3 I- 4 and 5 speed automatic. This is my 2nd Ranger the other is a 1996 never had a problem with it, so I bought a new one. The 2009 rides a little rougher, accelerates faster, and is more comfortable inside.

Decent
By Steve on 03/08/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

All around a very decent compact truck. Off road traction is very good, perfect for work around a small farm. Much less road noise then i expected. Gas mileage doesnt seem to add up to EPA, but still very good for a truck. The biggest problem for me is the lack of leg room makes it uncomfortable for long ride.

Great Truck
By Andy on 02/28/09 16:36 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had this truck for very long but I am impressed with it so far. It rides smoothly, has good fuel economy, and is very fun to drive. It has a lot of power for its size. Its handling is tight and is easy to move in tight spaces. Over all it's a dependable little workhorse.

Happy camper
By Pleased Owner on 02/26/09 09:57 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

2009 is the first year for the Sport in a 4CYL. I never would have driven one exceot my employer bought a fleet and the mechanics told me to test drive tone. I was surprised with the 4cyl guts. My gas mileage is 20.5 around town and one one trip it was 23mpg. Didn't look at any other models because I am stuck on the dependabilty of Fords. Great truck for the money.

Solid compact truck
By nick on 01/18/09 22:13 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have put 600 miles on the truck after purchasing new. So far, very satisfied with purchase. Put to work on day 1, but only light duty hauling. Build quality, road manners, handling, and road noise all better than one might expect for this basic truck. Fuel efficiency has been on target to EPA estimates with mostly normal driving. I rated performance very high - but not based on unladen driving. Power is not "excellent" but instead basically as good as expected. However, power under load is excellent - with 1/2 ton of lumber and other materials driving manners (handling, clutch performance, braking) did not significantly decrease and power was great. Will update once I've put more miles on it