Used 2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Good simple truck
By Kevin Hurren

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this little truck just for business. More than satisfied.Tough,primitive,simple,40mpg and cheap to purchase.You tough guys want a truck or a symbol? I will work this thing 100% more than any Ramgarbage.

I love the simplicity of the vehicle.Would not have got the AC but for my wife...The rugged old 4cyl is proven and longlasting.

Can't think of much,would not have bought the truck if I didn't like it.

Great small truck
By gen contractor

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a used xl longbed,2.3with 5spd. manual. As a 60 yr.old man, 6'tall, 250 lbs., I find this vehicle a solid buy and a solid performer. It's no frills, but peppy, frugal, and very tight. The design may be old but it's sure as hell not dated. A great value.

Easy in and out, good seats, lots of get-up, and great fuel economy(25mpg in town).

maybe an interior storage bin

Ford Ranger = poor quality
By Ford clunker

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Truck is built cheaper than my 2000 Ranger. Rattles and sqeaks from day one. Shakes and runs so rough that it causes the body and seat to shake. This goes on while driving at all speeds. Dealership says this is in 'normal' range. Gas mileage is about 19 1/2. Far from the 21-26. Radio poor quality also. Cannot pick up stations that can on 2000 Rangers radio. Very unhappy and sorry to have purchased. Would not advise to buy.

single cab and size for a runabout. this truck has great possibilities but is being built with people who do not really care, all the way from management to the on line workers.

Quality control and be careful not to let poor quality running trucks to be sent to dealers to sell to poor customers that are looking for a decent running quality truck and transportation.

Buy American
By Buy american

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Cannot understand why reports run this truck down. It is a well made and inexpensive truck to run. You don't buy these trucks for heavy loads. Looked into a Toyato Tacoma and felt it was a rip off. Standard cap in stick shift only which forces the comsumer to buy bigger and about $4000 in price. Have owned 3 Fords since 1980 and have had dependable service.

20-21 mpg around town and 26 mpg on a trip. First time for power windows and locks. Would compare the workmanship to any car/truck anywhere.

larger gas tank. Ford needs to improve 4 wd gas mileage.

Proud Ranger Owner Again
By Jay

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a '93 Ranger before this one, and been super pleased with it. I haven't had a Ranger for 12 years, it was time to have one again since we brought the house. The newer Ranger has more leg room than my '93 I used to have, and this time, I got the basic XL package, since we have a nice car for our long road trip. Where my old '93 was the XLT (full package), and I was single at the time. I am some disapointed with the louder cab noise than my old '93 XLT, but it's not the end of the world. Over all MPG, I'm pleased with the MPG I gotten on it.. On my first tank, I got 24mpg, I am near the ned of my second tank of gas, and I am around 28mpg as of now.

The solid ride, and good handling of the road. Like the gas mileage it gets.

Better sound proofing in the cab. use of 4 speakers in the XL package rather than 2 in the doors.