2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Disappointed
By Disappointed on 03/10/10 10:09 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looks good and drives good. After 6,000 miles developed any annoying rattle in the passenger side of the dash and the dealer could not find the source. Worst part was that after 5-6 months the vehicle started rusting. A couple of spots on the body, through the paint and also some painted spots under the bed and finally inside the wheels. I do live at the beach, but my 1996 Jeep Cherokee, which was 8 years old when I moved there, took 3 to 4 years to start rusting and my girlfriend lived in the Keys for 20 years and never had issues with her 3 Hondas. This is ridiculous, especially since Ford claims that their quality is even with Honda and Toyota. Warranty doesn't cover this, of course.

Much more than expected.
By Ron on 03/30/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a small truck to haul lawn products and purchase too big to take home in car. I needed pretty good mileage because I am driving it to work. Well, this is really the only compact now available and the current pricing is great. I was able to buy a new vehicle for about the price of a used one with 30k or so miles. The truck drives really great. The 2.3 inline 4 has plenty of power for both in town and interstate driving. The truck is really tight and has every feature that I can imagine that I would want. I would highly recommend if it meets your requirements.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Ranger Supercab in VA is:

$104 per month*