Used 2009 Ford Ranger SPORT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Love it
By GREAT TRUCK

2009 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this truck at all and I have 26,000 miles on it now, runs great and ride great! I owned a s-10 with a 4.3 v6 and it was not half the truck as the ranger. This rides and feels like a bigger truck!

Favorite Features

Price, price, price, I got mine for $4500.00 under invoice. I payed $16,800.00 great deal! And the truck looks great too! Cool truck!

Suggested Improvements

Keep making them, I will buy another

Tough and Fun Truck to Drive
By Alfaromeo164

2009 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck brand new and I now have 30000 in just 8 months. I havent had any real bad experiences. The only thing that stopped working is the dome light, which only turns on every so often, At 10,000KM I noticed that my clutch pedal started making a funny squeaking noise, Sounds like it needs lubrication. At 18,000km The passenger side seat stopped reclining. Im not worried because its all covered under warranty. Other than this the truck runs flawless, and is great to drive around. It handles great in Snow and sticks to the road. Its a good buy for the money. I would highly reccomend putting a tonneau cover for a little better fuel mileage.

Favorite Features

MP3/satellite Stereo, 5 spd transmission, rear slider window, Powerful and smooth engine, great pulling power for its class.

Suggested Improvements

Style is kind of dated, Bigger wheels, gas mileage could be better,

Best truck made in America
By Chris

2009 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in 2009 and so far have put 1000 miles on it. So far so good haven't had a problem with it yet. I'm not sure about fuel economy though, I have the 4.0L V6 and I get 14 in the city. I'm suposed to get 17 in the city and 20 on the highway. Other than that i love this truck. Its the best one That you can buy for the money. I wouldn't reccommend this truck unless there is only two people in your family.

Favorite Features

smooth 5 speed transmission, 207 HP out of a V6!, 5,000 lbs of towing capacity, sport cloth seats, audio jack for ipods, fender flares, nice alloy wheels, and fog lights

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy and bedliners.