2009 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Good simple truck,redux
By Kevin on 07/03/10 15:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Still love the little thing after one short year. I had to beef up the rear springs to handle the landscaping equipment I haul around. The am/FM radio seems to have a mind of its own. Moves off the line like an ice flow. Do not buy a ranger unless you want one.

Too basic
By jj on 04/17/10 11:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For a car that's built recently, I can't say how my Ranger was an improvement over cars of decades past. Yes it was cheap, only reason I got it was because it had the max rebate. Then again cheap price = poor design, cheap quality, cheap workmanship, etc. And worst it came off the lot with several problems which one of which became debatable if it was "under warranty" with the 2 yr/24000 miles contract.

Good simple truck
By Kevin Hurren on 10/17/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this little truck just for business. More than satisfied.Tough,primitive,simple,40mpg and cheap to purchase.You tough guys want a truck or a symbol? I will work this thing 100% more than any Ramgarbage.

Great Truck
By Andy on 02/28/09 16:36 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had this truck for very long but I am impressed with it so far. It rides smoothly, has good fuel economy, and is very fun to drive. It has a lot of power for its size. Its handling is tight and is easy to move in tight spaces. Over all it's a dependable little workhorse.

Solid compact truck
By nick on 01/18/09 22:13 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have put 600 miles on the truck after purchasing new. So far, very satisfied with purchase. Put to work on day 1, but only light duty hauling. Build quality, road manners, handling, and road noise all better than one might expect for this basic truck. Fuel efficiency has been on target to EPA estimates with mostly normal driving. I rated performance very high - but not based on unladen driving. Power is not "excellent" but instead basically as good as expected. However, power under load is excellent - with 1/2 ton of lumber and other materials driving manners (handling, clutch performance, braking) did not significantly decrease and power was great. Will update once I've put more miles on it

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Ranger in VA is:

$112 per month*