2009 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Beyond Expectations
By Rangerpilot on 08/23/09 16:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2009 Ranger XLT supercab automatic w/ the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder w/AC power windows, & CD. After reading all the average to poor reviews on the ranger, I only intended this vehicle as a low cost commuter and multi-purpose vehicle. It is actually quite good. Excellent price at less than $15K, acceptable acceleration, terrific fuel economy for a truck at 24 mpg average for 60/40 highway/city, and good build quality which Ford is now known for. I am very impressed. I drive a Mercedes Benz C350 as my other car.

fun lil' truck
By kcirtap on 07/19/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1st tank of fuel mpg disappointment 16.5mpg. But doing research learned that as engine loosen with more mileage it would get better and it did, with the 5sp. automatic I'm now averaging 30mpg after putting on 4,500 miles. Got 535miles out of last tank fill. Truck has a tight feel when driven, would be a perfect ten if it did'nt wonder when encountering road bumps. Needed attention by Ford. Otherwise great lil' truck! If you are over 6ft. like myself get the extended cap, trust me.

The right pick if you need a small truck
By Joe on 07/01/09 15:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 4,000 miles on my 4cyl. maunal. Am getting 28mpg pretty consistently. It does bounce a lot but has excellent handling and surprisingly good acceleration, at least when empty. I can easily park in really tight spaces and it's easier to get into the garage than my Aztec was. Front seat is very comfortable with easy access even for my handicapped sister. Not a good choice if you routinely have more than one passenger even with the jump seat. If you really want/need a small truck for light loads that gets good mileage and can take a lot of abuse this can't be beat. The only truly small truck remaining. Ford should market it as such, it would have a niche of its own these days.

SuperCab XLT
By mars on 06/06/09 15:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love the new front fascia design. I chose the 4 cyl supercab with a few options. Other than the vibration felt in the strg whl, door panels and seat, I love this truck. I drove the Toyota and it is just ugly as well as $4000 more with less options. GM products are not worth considering.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Ranger in VA is:

$112 per month*