2008 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: OK, but I got a Lemon

2008 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XLT Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

OK, but I got a Lemon
By Zolar1 on

2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I barely get 14-15MPG in the city in the wintertime. Summertime, I can scrape the 18MPG if the A/C isn't on. I have never got anything above 20.5 MPG. I drive with a very very light foot. If I can get 24MPG out of a 4.3L 6cyl GMC pickup, I should be able to do the same with this truck. Vehicle keeps getting leaves in the ductwork, Seriously lacks power, and the A/C is on when you use any setting other than off or vent. Dealer claims it was designed that way. Vehicle still missing a flap in the driver's side fender well. Dealer says it's not supposed to have one. Vehicle has peeling painted masking tape on support in front of the radiator.

Seats are comfortable, but interior lacks space for storage. Antilock brakes, but never had to use them. KREX supplemental warranty on the engine with free roadside assistance.

Get rid of the space taking seat computers. Use an A/C switch so you can manually turn the A/C compressor on-off as you desire, regardless of other switch settings. Better full vehicle warranty - 3/36 is too low. Rangers get the same MPG now as they did 20 years ago. Include a LINE-X bed liner.