I like it very much
By Travis on
2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Just bought this truck, Red Supercab automatic 2.3L I4 Engine. Traded a Jeep Wrangler 6 speed manual. Have wanted a Ranger for years, finally decide to get one. Only 200 miles so far but I'm pleased with it. Got it for basic commute to work, to get good gas mileage, have more capacity than the jeep to do stuff. Access to supercab area is only gripe I have. Some here critical of ride, this is much better than the Jeep! When I test road I was surprised how smooth it was. For what it is, this is an excellent truck. Ford should keep making it as long as it sells well, it doesn't need "fancy" upgrades when most folks are looking for a good basic truck. I found mine!
Favorite Features
Sirius radio, way cool. I do have power windows, keyless entry, wipers that wipe once with one push of button. Tire pressure monitor is cool also. ABS brakes also very nice.
Suggested Improvements
Access to Supercab area should be such that seats easily come forward to access and then go back to pre set seating position in one move. This could be made way better. Larger door pockets, better "leather" wrapped steering wheel... it says leather wrapped, but this is not the real stuff..