Good Buy!
By 3ABirdMan on
2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I traded in a '03 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Lariat (14.4 MPG). I didn't need 4 doors anymore, and needed better fuel economy. I looked at the Chevy/GMC and Toyota before deciding on the Ranger. I am very satisfied. At 6'3" & 255 lbs, I couldn't fit in the Chevy/GM due to lack of leg/knee room (I have no problem in the Ranger because of dash and console design!) and the Tacoma was too much money. I love the "feel" of the seat - it is firm and comfortable, with a good ride. The 2.3L 4-cyl engine is great for economy, but lacks power IF you have to haul alot of cargo or pull a small trailer with the A/C on! Empty, acceleration and power are fine. I really like the Ranger, despite the small size!
Favorite Features
Gas mileage. Avg 23 MPG on about 60% highway driving through 6000 miles. A/C will erode that a little this summer, though. Comfort of seats is better than power and leather of old Lariat on highway trips! Handling is exceptional, except for the ol' Ranger rear end hop on bad bumps!
Suggested Improvements
Radio with RDS. Map lights or lighted vanity mirrors! Tinted windows / privacy glass. Offer 4-door Supercab with 2.3L 4 cyl! I have trouble accessing Super Cab area because of my size and lack of room! Don't offer jump seats if that's what it takes!