Used 2008 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Best Work Truck On The Road
By Bug-Man

2008 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you do the reserch (actual consumer reviews)you will find the Ranger is far more reliable than the Tacoma or Chevy.Just wish it got a few more MPG's.A family member who works for Toyota has told me that Toyota's own internal quality testings show that in recent years Ford cars & trucks beats toyota's hands down!I cary apox. a 1000 pounds of equip.& get 17mpg.I did add a leaf spring. I get 21mpg unloaded.The king cab says it seat 5, lets get real unless its 5 skinny dwarfs you can seat 2 adults comfortablely.

Rock solid reliable,this truck has been built so long they have worked all the bugs out.

More MPG's, how bout some manual hubs,I'll gladly get out to lock in to get better miles per gallon,,and some better seating arangements..

Fine little truck
By Aaron

2008 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck as a second vehicle primarily for haulings stuff w/o ruining my other car. I bought a really stripped down version of it (air and auto only) about 3 mos. ago, and have been really happy with it. The ride is stiff and the transmission is somewhat unrefined, but still this truck was a very economical solution to my needs. While the 4-cyl engine won't win any races, the low end torque enables the engine to come through when I'm really loaded up. The 4-cyl. is noisy, the truck is loose in the rear on wet pavement :), the air conditioning works well, but I have inadvertanly knocked the truck into neutral when reaching for the radio controls (bad layout). I would recommend it.

The bed of course.

Get the radio controls out of the line of the gear shift. Add in some insulation to reduce the engine noise.

Great American Value!
By Gary

2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this truck almost a month ago for an excellent low price! The 4 cyl exceeded my expectations! The truck has plenty of power, handles great, road noise is lower than I expected and interior and exterior is sharp looking. Gas mileage is great! I wish the speakers sounder better, but hey, it's a truck! It also feels great to buy American!

Gas mileage, great handling, engine power, interior/exterior looks great

Better stereo speakers

Probably the best I have ever owned!!!!!
By RogerFarmer

2008 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck with 3,000 miles on it. I have put 1,000 miles on it. It has the 4.0. That is the fastest 207 horsepower that I have seen! I own 2 other Fords that are still going strong. The gas mileage could be better, but that is nothing. It is probably the best truck that I have owned. I love it, and would highly recomend it. The price was a songcompared to the other truck on the market!!!

style, build quality, excellent price for the quality, made in America!

gas mileage

2 in the family
By Scott

2008 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My son bought a Ranger in 2001, has 150000 on it without 1 problem, so I bought one last fall, think these vehicles are Fords best kept secret. My son has 3.0, I bought the 2.3, my gas mileage is a great.Years ago I had a 98 Nissan Frontier 2.4, the Ranger is twice the truck.

Looks, solid build, reliability.

For the price, can,t think of anything.