2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
After the new car glow
By JR on 05/06/10 03:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wonderful to drive when the weather turns ugly, only thing that gives me trouble is sheer ice, with factory tires. With no load it rides rough, with @150 - 250 lbs of cargo it is a much improved ride. At a hair over 6' I have room to move the seat back to give myself more leg to peddle room, but I do not need it. Everything else is too cramped. If I have a passenger we are riding shoulder to shoulder. As a short commuter or weekend play vehicle it is wonderful. SADLY, as a full time ride for me, @350KM/220Mi/week, it is not a good choice. I choose to support Ford. I should have bought a Toyota to get the same qualities but with better comforts at a higher cost.

The best small truck PERIOD
By jtf on 12/27/09 04:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second ranger. There are 2 others rangers my family has (93&98).These trucks are tough and very reliable. The 2.3 DOHC and 5 spd are great choice 24mpg city and 27 highway and plenty of power( 3rd gear wheel spin). The other trucks have no rust and one has over 200,000 miles. I would have kept my 2001 ranger but I like the added interior space of the supercab.You can't buy a better small truck for the money... period

good truck
By Pat Bernier on 12/19/09 05:56 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

MY Ranger is by far the most reliable new vehicle I have ever owned. Yes its dated and yes its much smaller than all other makes but lets face it most people under utilize their big trucks. I can pull over 6000lbs or throw a 4 wheeler in the back with no issues and my truck payment is only 460$ per month and cheep insurance to boot. I love my Ranger and would recommend one to anyone looking for a good truck that is inexpensive to own

Best Work Truck On The Road
By Bug-Man on 07/14/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you do the reserch (actual consumer reviews)you will find the Ranger is far more reliable than the Tacoma or Chevy.Just wish it got a few more MPG's.A family member who works for Toyota has told me that Toyota's own internal quality testings show that in recent years Ford cars & trucks beats toyota's hands down!I cary apox. a 1000 pounds of equip.& get 17mpg.I did add a leaf spring. I get 21mpg unloaded.The king cab says it seat 5, lets get real unless its 5 skinny dwarfs you can seat 2 adults comfortablely.

Probably the best I have ever owned!!!!!
By RogerFarmer on 05/19/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck with 3,000 miles on it. I have put 1,000 miles on it. It has the 4.0. That is the fastest 207 horsepower that I have seen! I own 2 other Fords that are still going strong. The gas mileage could be better, but that is nothing. It is probably the best truck that I have owned. I love it, and would highly recomend it. The price was a songcompared to the other truck on the market!!!

Old Dog, New Tricks
By brettsgirl on 01/22/09 16:52 PM (PST)

There seems to be a lot of poor reviews out there for this aging little truck. My questions may be: What is the best selling compact pickup ever? What is the most "bang for the buck" that you can get out of a compact pickup? Believe me when I say that Ford Motor company is not without its reasons for keeping this little truck around. Money, and lots of it! I love my brawny little workhorse! After driving some of the competitor's overpirced products, I found myself with Ford again. People complain about the ride: well, it is actually a truck, not a thimbly little car, with a box, and cab! I can go places with my untouched Ranger that most big trucks wouldn't dare!

Keeps on truckin'
By woods860 on 12/23/08 23:17 PM (PST)

Great off road. The fx4 upgrade is a good platform to build an off road weekend warroir like mine is. Fits 33x12.5x15 with little rubbing the 3" lift help with tht. Found tht back jump seats pretty much useless unless your verticaly challenged. The 4.10 gears are tourqie and helps me pulls damn near anything. 4.0l motor has tons of power. Chiped mine tho little better fuel mileage that way plus the extra hp didn't hurt. Although my F-150 is better on fuel. Very solid feeling truck. Well built. Upgraded fx4 interior is sharp and functional. Light aregood and bright. Easy to drive and hardly any blind spots. Built Ford tough!

2008 Ranger Supercab 4.0/Auto
By Sptfir on 11/11/08 22:07 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My third Ranger so I'm obviously comfortable with them. No problems with this newest. It seems just a little lighter built than my 02 for some reason. Air noise around windows that the dealer couldn't seem to fix. Fuel consuption for the 4.0/auto has been a steady 21 mpg in urban driving. No complaints, just comments. People compliment the Vista Blue color

They need to see their competition
By ROLM on 11/04/08 13:42 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was an engineer at Chrysler. My father at GM. I drive for a living. Quality: First USA car with no manufacturing defects. Looks great. Handles Highway: the worst I have ever driven. Printed dangerous handling warning on visor. Best mileage: small 6 with the gas efficient rear end. Best handling: same. Interior: They fired their engineers 30 years ago. I could write pages on their lack of cab engineering. Everything is in the wrong place, works the wrong way, is the wrong size, whatever. E.G. try changing a fuse if you are not an anorexic 8-year old (need flashlight). Try getting groceries out of the back seat. No fan switch off. Center knob: Off(1),vent(1),AC(6).

Still the best little trucks made!
By Gordo16 on 11/04/08 10:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my latest Ranger for 11 months, now. Averages about 31 MPG on highway trips even going through all of the traffic-jams on I-95 through CT, NY and NJ. My last Ranger was a 1993, which I gave to my son and he is still using it to haul heating-wood. The other brands are more luxurious, but if you need a tough little truck ( not a car with a box stuck on the back) Ford still builds the best. It's probably why the Ranger Plant is staying open, a while longer. Good luck finding another pickup that actually gets over 30 MPG.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.