Used 2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

After the new car glow
By JR

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wonderful to drive when the weather turns ugly, only thing that gives me trouble is sheer ice, with factory tires. With no load it rides rough, with @150 - 250 lbs of cargo it is a much improved ride. At a hair over 6' I have room to move the seat back to give myself more leg to peddle room, but I do not need it. Everything else is too cramped. If I have a passenger we are riding shoulder to shoulder. As a short commuter or weekend play vehicle it is wonderful. SADLY, as a full time ride for me, @350KM/220Mi/week, it is not a good choice. I choose to support Ford. I should have bought a Toyota to get the same qualities but with better comforts at a higher cost.

200+ HP gives a lot of pep, especially with a 5 SPD manual. BRIGHT lights, with no apparent dead zone.

Give the Ranger an F series profile, not a bricks. Increase cabin width @30CM, height @10CM, rear seat area by @30CM with front facing seats. FLEX fuel, remote start, etc as available options, same as the F series. Ranger owners want/need a little smaller vehicle, not one with no options.

The best small truck PERIOD
By jtf

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second ranger. There are 2 others rangers my family has (93&98).These trucks are tough and very reliable. The 2.3 DOHC and 5 spd are great choice 24mpg city and 27 highway and plenty of power( 3rd gear wheel spin). The other trucks have no rust and one has over 200,000 miles. I would have kept my 2001 ranger but I like the added interior space of the supercab.You can't buy a better small truck for the money... period

Straight forward design. reliable drive train. Good AC

Maybe put the 2.5 DOHC in. little more space behind the front seats. better wheel design (chrome wheels collect dirt)

good truck
By Pat Bernier

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

MY Ranger is by far the most reliable new vehicle I have ever owned. Yes its dated and yes its much smaller than all other makes but lets face it most people under utilize their big trucks. I can pull over 6000lbs or throw a 4 wheeler in the back with no issues and my truck payment is only 460$ per month and cheep insurance to boot. I love my Ranger and would recommend one to anyone looking for a good truck that is inexpensive to own

5 speed auto simple dash design

more padding on seats

Best Work Truck On The Road
By Bug-Man

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you do the reserch (actual consumer reviews)you will find the Ranger is far more reliable than the Tacoma or Chevy.Just wish it got a few more MPG's.A family member who works for Toyota has told me that Toyota's own internal quality testings show that in recent years Ford cars & trucks beats toyota's hands down!I cary apox. a 1000 pounds of equip.& get 17mpg.I did add a leaf spring. I get 21mpg unloaded.The king cab says it seat 5, lets get real unless its 5 skinny dwarfs you can seat 2 adults comfortablely.

Rock solid reliable,this truck has been built so long they have worked all the bugs out.

More MPG's, how bout some manual hubs,I'll gladly get out to lock in to get better miles per gallon,,and some better seating arangements..

Probably the best I have ever owned!!!!!
By RogerFarmer

2008 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck with 3,000 miles on it. I have put 1,000 miles on it. It has the 4.0. That is the fastest 207 horsepower that I have seen! I own 2 other Fords that are still going strong. The gas mileage could be better, but that is nothing. It is probably the best truck that I have owned. I love it, and would highly recomend it. The price was a songcompared to the other truck on the market!!!

style, build quality, excellent price for the quality, made in America!

gas mileage