2008 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Downsizing worked out!
By Norton on 07/17/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4 X 4 with Hemi & ordered my Ranger XLT 4 Banger with auto & all options. In short, I love this truck. Average 24 MPG, fun to drive and think Ford should put time & effort into the Ranger's future! I am a happy Ford Customer!

Great American Value!
By Gary on 05/28/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this truck almost a month ago for an excellent low price! The 4 cyl exceeded my expectations! The truck has plenty of power, handles great, road noise is lower than I expected and interior and exterior is sharp looking. Gas mileage is great! I wish the speakers sounder better, but hey, it's a truck! It also feels great to buy American!

OK, but I got a Lemon
By Zolar1 on 01/12/09 15:08 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I barely get 14-15MPG in the city in the wintertime. Summertime, I can scrape the 18MPG if the A/C isn't on. I have never got anything above 20.5 MPG. I drive with a very very light foot. If I can get 24MPG out of a 4.3L 6cyl GMC pickup, I should be able to do the same with this truck. Vehicle keeps getting leaves in the ductwork, Seriously lacks power, and the A/C is on when you use any setting other than off or vent. Dealer claims it was designed that way. Vehicle still missing a flap in the driver's side fender well. Dealer says it's not supposed to have one. Vehicle has peeling painted masking tape on support in front of the radiator.

An Honest Truck
By JWH on 11/13/08 11:57 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a two-year old Silverado V6 for my Ranger. The Silverado got 13- 15 mpg and had way too many problems. My little Ranger got 26.3 mpg from the first tank. It just passed the 1500 mile mark, and has yet to get under 25 mpg. It is comfortable, it pulls my utility/motorcycle trailer with ease. It's fun to drive and overall it seems like a good friendly little vehicle that I will have for a long time. Its quality is first rate. Its performance with the little 4 cyl is way better than the Silverado V6. The seats are great, the stereo/sat radio combination is wonderful, and the cruise control works flawlessly. We had a couple of Rangers at work - couldn't hurt them. Great truck.

Great Value
By Salem Boy on 09/29/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a new 08 Ranger XLT Reg. Cab with 4cyl automatic. With the current $3000 rebate, nothing else could come close to the price. Even with GM's employee pricing, a similar equiped Colorado was $1500 more. The chome trim on the XLT and the chrome wheels that my Ranger has make it a sharp looking truck. I couldn't find a used truck that didn't have a ton of miles for much less than I paid for this truck new. With the great gas milage 19 / 24 this truck should do everything I need it to do, which is drive back and forth to work and to haul the occational home project supplies.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.