2007 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Back on Top Again

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

2007 Ford Ranger

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Back on Top Again
By Ford Family Man on

2007 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used. I had a 1991 Ranger that was pretty worn out and would finally start needing some repairs so I bought this one. Previously a fleet vehicle I was impressed with all that I got for 11,500 dollars. XL truck, but with 5 speed auto, and 4.10 axle ratio, extras were A/C (necessary in Ohio) and an under-rail bed liner. It had a little over 18000 miles on it. I work in a scrap yard and needed a solid truck. That's just what I got with fuel economy averaging 23-28mpg combined city/highway. Drives like a bigger truck and so quick too; especially for a four cyl. engine. Much stronger than my 1991's 2.3liter. No serious rattles, and white so scratches are not an issue.

Cup holders are standard on all trucks, great stock bed liner. Far better fuel economy than driving the F-250 I used to use when I needed a truck. Fun to drive. My wife even likes driving because she can see all the way around. Excellent and responsive ABS brakes.

None. I needed a truck, not a luxury car, already bought one of those for my wife. No need for that in a vehicle that gets dirty and used like what it is, a truck plain and simple.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review