2007 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Not bad for the price.

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Not bad for the price.
By Ben on

2007 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 2 door SuperCab XL about three months ago. The Ranger is really not that bad a truck for the price. My biggest complaint would be that something has come loose between the headliner and the trim on the right side of the truck, and it makes a buzzing sound right in my left ear. I'm gonna have the dealership take a look at this. I think the interior could use some more attention to detail, too. This truck has SEVEN different intermittent settings for the windshield wipers, but has exposed bolts holding the radio/fan control console onto the dash. Do we really need seven different wiper speeds? That aside, the truck really runs well and the gas mileage is great.

Favorite Features

4 cylinder with 5 speed manual runs great. Plenty of power for the size and fun to drive. Seats are actually pretty comfortable. The ride is fairly smooth for a truck. Good looking truck. Nothing comparable in the price range.

Suggested Improvements

Better QA. Even the cheapest of the cheap Japanese cars pay more attention to detail. I ended up buying the exact truck I test-drove, so I didn't end up with engine or mechanical issues right out the gate, but I notice small things, like the inside trim not lining up or being screwed down sloppily.