2007 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Life With Ranger Part II

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Life With Ranger Part II
By 07'RangerSport on

2007 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

3 months, 6,500 miles and all's well! Thus far my Ranger's been as regular and reliable as an atomic clock, and L.A. traffic what is; I drive the heck out of my little truck. I still couldn't imagine myself in any other vehicle - Ranger's "perfect fit" size, tossable handling, excellent ergonomics and (so far) bullet-proof quality make this truck a clear winner for me! While far from the most modern or refined choice on the market, for anyone looking for a "real" and wholly usable little pick-up that, well equipped, won't break the bank - Ranger certainly warrants a look.

Roomy (extended) cab, still excellent fit and finish (even from a dash design dating to 1995!), smooth ride at speed, simple "basic truck" design (no foo-foo I wanna-be-a-car lines), smaller, more maneuverable size, general feeing of solidity, very-modern touches (still lovin' the iPod input jack).

MPG! My Ranger's equipped with the 3.0 V6/Automatic - a combo that around-town nets about 15 or so mpg...not good! And a strong suggestion to any potential buyers; GET THE 4-DOOR OPTION! I didn't, and after having to contort like pretzel a few times to reach the back-seat, I kick myself daily.