Life With Ranger Part I
By 07'RangerSport on
2007 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Just purchased my shiny new Ranger Sport Supercab this past Sunday. Traded in a Mercury Sable for what'll be my third Ranger - and hopefully not my last! Mine is well equipped with the power package, tilt/cruise, 6CD, etc. Certainly there exists, and I could have chosen, a roomier, more powerful and even more efficient truck, but few of these (if any) would have offered Ranger's combination of just-right sizing, proven safety, and long term durability. For me, for the money, and for the long haul, Ranger fits like a pair of old shoes. Trading in my second one a few years back was about the stupidest thing I ever did, and I couldn't be more elated to once again own my "dream truck."
Favorite Features
"Not too big, not too small" - Ranger offers space for a guy my size (6'1") without feeling cumbersome or bloated. Rugged, almost timeless exterior styling. Smooth and hushed ride at cruise. General feeling of "heft" and solidity. Modern touches such as an input jack for my iPod.
Suggested Improvements
More efficient powertrains; my Sport is equipped with the mid-range 3.0 V6 - a motor rated for less than 150hp and not more than 22mpg on the highway. EPA ratings and LA traffic-flow what they are, I imagine I'll be lucky if I hit an average of 20 mpg - not good.