Fuel Efficient Ranger Does the Job!
By ranger rick on
2007 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Ok i admit it I love big trucks. In fact I almost bought a Sierra work truck for $11,900 this summer but couldn't get past the 17 mpg I'd be getting. So I went to the Ford Dealer and looked at the Rangers. I bought an XLT long bed 4 cylinder 5 speed model and it's been great. Great on gas, great on performance and great on usefulness. The 2.3 liter motor is torqued down well and the size of the bed for a compact truck is great. A real 7 foot long bed tops Toyota and Chevy. The exterior of the Ranger is a timeless well executed design. It is a truck so you do feel bumps, however tooling around town getting 28 mpg is fine with me. The inside is nothing new but there has been some updates.
Favorite Features
The seats are great. 28 mph with usable 7 foot bed. This truck saves you $1,000 a year in gas over the full sized trucks. If you don't need the payload or towing capacity why drive around with all the excess all the time. Good price and great resale.
Suggested Improvements
Better speakers and better quality door panels. The XLT panels should be the XL package panels and a new higher quality door panel should be designed for the XLT. Put in a sliding rear window standard on XLT Rangers. Install drivers side rain shield in the fender well. Chrome grill on XLT!