2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
By Far the Best Bargain!
By Abdul on 06/14/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I originally picked up this Ranger FX4 Level ll because of price. All the foreign trucks were considerally more expensive. I have a feeling this is an American website, so I hope you can relate. It is completely loaded with leather, power everything, A/C, six-disk changer, a class three trailer hitch, bed liner and something Ford calls "Wear and Tear Package". Essentialy this truck can be returned with up to $3500 damage at the end of the lease for which I can walk away from having to pay. All for $361. a month taxes in for three years. Hell, they're giving these trucks away. And this truck looks absolutely awesome

2007 Ranger
By mac0s9user on 05/27/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall not a bad truck. Great off-road with the limited slip differential. Manual trans does well with no slippage. Body is okay but a little to much plastic for my personal liking.

Is it worth it?
By David on 05/03/07 23:14 PM (PDT)

I recently brought a Ford Ranger Fx4 level 2 due to its low price and standard options on the vehicle. My experience with this truck it ain't great. After 2 weeks of driving, the wheel alignment was off, battery died have to get it boost. The truck is a gas guzzler. It doesn't provide a lot of power, throttle response is very slow. Bottom line, the truck isnt worth buying. Ford commercial looks good on TV, but where they get you is when you purchase their vechicle.

Not bad for the price.
By Ben on 02/23/07 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 2 door SuperCab XL about three months ago. The Ranger is really not that bad a truck for the price. My biggest complaint would be that something has come loose between the headliner and the trim on the right side of the truck, and it makes a buzzing sound right in my left ear. I'm gonna have the dealership take a look at this. I think the interior could use some more attention to detail, too. This truck has SEVEN different intermittent settings for the windshield wipers, but has exposed bolts holding the radio/fan control console onto the dash. Do we really need seven different wiper speeds? That aside, the truck really runs well and the gas mileage is great.

Disappointed with new truck.
By Colby on 02/04/07 18:12 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I special ordered this truck with all the options I wanted. I waited about 6 weeks for it to come in. After a few weeks I noticed light spots in the paint on the cab sides while in direct sunlight. I did not notice this before since it had been overcast. The problem was pretty bad so I let warranty handle it. Now, the metallic in the paint does not match. The dealer and Ford think this is acceptable and not noticeable but everyone else notices it without me pointing it out. Now, I have a new truck that I do not even want. The dealers response is that is the best the paint match will be. No more Fords for me. I am considering taking a hit and buying another product. I am extremely hacked off.

Disappointed in Ranger build quality.
By DJ on 01/21/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4 cylinder with automatic 07 Ranger based in part on positive reviews. Found truck to have poor build quality with little support from Ford. Makes excessive vibration from exhaust and very loud transmission whine in low gear. Dealer and Ford customer relations say this is normal for this type vehicle. Vehicle in shop 4 times within first month of ownership. Paint on tail gate and bed sides has large metallic runs. Door out of alignment. Ford fix for exhaust vibration is to install clamped on weight on exhaust pipe aft of converter. Fixed door alignment problem. I'm afraid to have paint work fixed as the color won't match. Buyers, better due your due diligence before purchase.

Very Disappointed
By Lemon on 01/06/07 01:55 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4 cylinder with automatic. Idle is very rough with vibration through steering wheel. Returned to dealer 2 times. Dealer said motor mounts and exhaust needed alignment. No help. Checked this vehicle against other similar vehicle at dealer and found other vehicle to be smoother. When idle increased 25 to 50 RPM, smooths out to normal. Dealer says Idle can not be adjusted. Had several 4 cylinder vehicles and all idle smooth. Dealer says that's the way Rangers are, it can not be fixed. Looks like I am stuck with rough running new vehicle. Should have purchased Japanese.

Life With Ranger Part I
By 07'RangerSport on 12/06/06 19:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased my shiny new Ranger Sport Supercab this past Sunday. Traded in a Mercury Sable for what'll be my third Ranger - and hopefully not my last! Mine is well equipped with the power package, tilt/cruise, 6CD, etc. Certainly there exists, and I could have chosen, a roomier, more powerful and even more efficient truck, but few of these (if any) would have offered Ranger's combination of just-right sizing, proven safety, and long term durability. For me, for the money, and for the long haul, Ranger fits like a pair of old shoes. Trading in my second one a few years back was about the stupidest thing I ever did, and I couldn't be more elated to once again own my "dream truck."

Excellent truck
By Mike on 08/08/06 08:04 AM (PDT)

I bought this truck to haul motorcycles and go camping in the deep woods. This truck is a little monster and is capable of outperforming some of the larger full-size pickups when it comes to off-roading due to its smaller size and lighter weight. The larger wheels, Torsen rear-end, 4 wheel drive, and Bilstein shocks make this truck fun to drive. It performs well in the city as well. It can get between 250 and 400 miles on city or highway roads. It drives really smooth on the highway. The interior and exterior styling is excellent and I would recommend getting the Pioneer sound system as the stock radio and speakers are a little weak. Overall, an excellent truck for the adventurer.

Ranger Ranking
By rangero on 07/29/06 16:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We just bought this vehicle and I must say it is much more stylish than some of the previous years...love the new front. The inside is a little narrow widthwise. Headroom is just okay. Plenty of leg room. Wish seats in the extended cab were standard. Very cute little truck...hope it lasts a good while. Ford does offer an undercoating for rust protection for $299 but I elected not to get it. I would recommend this truck over Chevy, Dodge, GMC, etc. It is not a bad value for the price. The dark gray looks very sporty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.